Drainage & Flood Risk Consultant
My client are seeking a Drainage & Flood Risk Consultant/Engineer with previous experience in an appropriate field, your skills are needed to help grow a successful Flood Risk Consultancy by undertaking surface water strategy and design (SuDS) reporting and help in the delivery of flood risk projects.
You will be working on a diverse range of flood risk projects from planning applications to property purchases through a wide range of public and private sector clients.
The appointed Flood Risk & Drainage Consultant/Engineer will see projects through from conception to delivery.
You will have experience of using drainage software including MicroDrainage and where possible hydrological modelling software also, although the latter is not essential.
Your responsibility will be for preparation of drainage strategies, flood risk assessments, due diligence advice to clients and other team members. In addition, the design and preparation of reports and calculations to support the strategies and assessments will be essential.
As a supplier of flood risk management services in the UK, you will integrate with a forward thinking and highly skilled individuals and have the responsibility of leading and shaping solutions for clients.
The role will require you to:
- Undertake Surface Water Drainage Strategies, Flood Risk Assessments, and Flood Risk Consultancy;Be a confident user of MicroDrainage software, and where possible hydrological modelling software
- Take a proactive approach to managing client relationships, clarifying expectations, success criteria and outcome measures in order to meet their requirements and deliver successful projects to time and budget;
- As and when required liaise and appoint other 3rd parties in the project process such as Local Planning Authorities, Environment Agency and other subcontractors. This may require attending meetings off site;
- Support Senior Management in building a successful brand and business to become a leading niche flood risk consultancy;
- Help to grow, lead and create a dynamic team by nurture, stretch and developing junior colleagues.
Capabilities and Qualifications:
- Experience in a previous similar role and a degree in a related subject; Preferably membership of CIWEM or ICE or be working towards membership;
- Working knowledge of SuDS concepts, design, legislation and planning guidance;
- Experience in the preparation of flood risk assessments, integrating current sustainable urban drainage solutions to NPPF and other local guidance;
- Good understanding of the importance of commercial awareness;
- Technically competent in IT and various GIS packages;
- Strives to deliver an exceptional level of service to clients at all times;
- Excellent written report-writing and communication skills;
- Presentable, and with good presentation skills;
- Ability to front client work and retain clients passed on to them;
- A flexible and dynamic approach and mindset to respond to changing business/market requirements.
What we offer:
With a growing reputation in the industry, and for the right candidate, we will offer a competitive and comprehensive remuneration package and a clear and defined career progression for ambitious candidates.
Training and development aren't optional extras: we will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. We are highly committed in supporting our staff becoming CIWEM chartered.
For more information please contact James Pearson: email@example.com 01202888986