Flood Risk Consultant - London
This is a superb time to join my client as a Flood Risk Consultant. With a number of high profile projects across a range of sectors and an excellent opportunity for progression, reward and personal growth in a highly regarded global consultancy.
You will be an enthusiastic, motivated and diligent flood risk specialist looking to forward your career within a well-established and highly respected team Flood Risk team. You will be involved with all stages of projects, including provision of fee quotes, preparation of technical reports, liaison with clients and regulators, and management of budgets and schedules. With a growing client base which includes property developers, architects, planners and property investors, primarily within the private sector.
- Preparation of Flood Risk Assessments, Sustainable Drainage Strategies and Hydrology & Flood Risk chapters for Environment Statements;
- Consultation with the Environment Agency (EA) and Lead Local Flood Authorities (LLFAs);
- Desk-based research and data collection / analysis;
- Design of flood and drainage mitigation measures;
- Supporting the preparation of bids and fee proposals;
- Client liaison and attendance at meetings;
- Liaison with other teams and external contractors (e.g. topographic surveyors); and
- Project management (e.g. managing budgets, developing new clients).
- Mentoring of graduates;
- Hydraulic modelling (preferably Flood Modeller Tuflow);
- Micro Drainage; and
The successful candidate will be:
- An enthusiastic learner looking to develop their skills and knowledge;
- Highly organised, motivated and able to manage their own workloads;
- Able to deliver innovative high quality environmental solutions to our clients on time and budget;
- Able to collect and interpret environmental data and information;
- Able to clearly present / discuss projects with colleagues, clients and Regulators; and
- Keen to understand / learn about environmental policy and the UK planning regime.
- Environmental Science, Hydrology or similar degree, preferably with a related MSc;
- 1-4 years professional experience preparing NPPF compliant Flood Risk Assessments and Sustainable Drainage Strategies;
- Good technical understanding of the key sources of flooding and sustainable drainage;
- Proficient report writing and IT skills, including the ability to use MS Word and MS Excel; and
- Knowledge of the UK planning regime and guidance documents: NPPF, Planning Practice Guidance, TAN15 and SPP7.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org