Flood Risk Engineer/Senior Engineer
My client, a leading Environmental Consultancy provides advisory, investigative, design and validation services relating to all aspects of the ground and water environment. Due to continued growth they now have a vacancy for a Flood Risk Engineer. You will need to have extensive experience with Flood Risk Assessments and Sustainable Drainage Statements, encompassing the formulation of drainage strategies for developments at the planning stage.
This will require the production and manipulation of drainage networks and production of hydrological calculations, ultimately presented in documents and drawings to accompany planning applications.
This full time role is to undertake duties necessary for project execution within the Water Team, working collaboratively with the Water team members and other Services within the company.
Skills in hydrological analysis, drainage strategy production and knowledge of Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS) are essential, plus experience of associated software such as MicroDrainage and AutoCAD. Use of the Microsoft Office suite is also a key requirement in the role and experience in GIS would be advantageous,
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas:
- Drainage strategy production and knowledge of Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS).
- MicroDrainage, AutoCAD and the Microsoft Office suite.
- Flood Risk Assessments and knowledge of the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF).
- Have the ability to plan and monitor workloads to achieve project demands.
- Effectively communicate and co-operate within a project team to support the achievement of a project brief through the provision of efficient and professional services.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues throughout the Company, clients and suppliers.
- Provide solutions to technical problems and input to provide factual and interpretative reports.
- When requested, provide proactive input in Service initiatives.
- Share both knowledge and experience with other team members
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email email@example.com