Flood /Water Consultant - Water Team - Bath, Exeter or Southampton
Due to continued success an opening has arisen for an experienced senior water consultant based in either Bath, Exeter or Southampton. Project work will be varied, covering a broad range of environmental and technical areas but predominantly within the water discipline. The role will incorporate the management, co-ordination and delivery of flood, hydrology and drainage related projects including feasibility studies, flood risk assessments, EIA chapters, hydraulic modelling and concept designs. It will involve working with the water team and project managers across the wider practice. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic and innovative team, to further develop a variety of skills, within a busy and expanding team. Training, support and mentoring will be provided at a level to suit the right candidate.
Key work areas shall include:
- Providing project specific technical support including Flood Studies (such as FRA's for planning purposes), Hydraulic Modelling (experience with TuFLOW, MIKE, HEC-RAS or MicroDrainage will be advantageous), Concept Drainage Design, Environmental Impact Assessment.
- Support in Water Quality and hydrogeology projects along with, Sustainability Appraisals and Environmental Management Plans.
- Coordinating with and supporting the established team, taking the lead on certain specific actions or elements of projects, and other deliverables within our existing workload.
- Responding to and assisting in coordination of project briefs, preparing calculations, specifications, designs, reports, drawings and liaising with other team members to provide progress updates, as well as contributing to the management of projects and budgets, with support from other team members.
- Assisting in the production of project scope and fee proposals.
- Writing and some checking of technical reports.
- Attending meetings and liaising with clients, contractors, architects, planners and other professionals concerning all areas relevant to our projects.
- Carrying out such additional duties as may reasonably be required.
- The successful candidate shall be self-motivated, confident and affable with the desire to develop as an individual and build successful working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Appropriate BEng/BSc or equivalent qualification.
- MEng or MSc in an environmental discipline (desirable but not essential).
- Full clean driving licence.
- Incorporated or Chartered Member of a professional organisation e.g. CIWEM or ICE.
Required Skills and Attributes
- Proficient user of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook. Experience of AutoCAD, ArcGIS/QGIS, is desirable.
- Experience with hydrologic/hydraulic modelling software of fluvial and/or sewered systems such as FEH, TuFLOW, MIKE, HEC-RAS, and MicroDrainage.
- Ability to accurately measure and record environmental data.
- Competent in the production of concept drawings for drainage and flood mitigation works.
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and spoken English.
- Capable of producing clear and concise written reports, including EIA chapters.
- Highly organised and able to prioritise own workload and coordinate with other team members
- Capable of working independently and effectively within team.
- Ability to use initiative and think innovatively.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Self-motivated, reliable and dedicated.
- Interest in the sustainability agenda and environmental developments in the industry.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org