On behalf of our client, we are currently recruiting for an FM Consultant based in London delivering FM and Whole Life Cost Consultancy advice to public & private sector client's including: Health, Education, Defence, Local Authorities, and Central Government Departments, SPV's, Lenders / Funder's and Service Provider / Contracting organisations, Financial Institutions and Banks, Conglomerates & Consumer Goods, Corporate Developers, Housing, Automotive, Pharmaceuticals and Infrastructure
The role involves supporting FMC/WLC related commissions across the full spectrum of FMC services, undertaking assignments including:
- FM Strategic Reviews
- FM Target Operating Model Design
- FM Supply Chain Procurement
- FM Benchmarking & Value for Money Reviews
- FM Performance Reviews
- FM Audits - Controls, Assurance and Governance
- Whole Life Cost Analysis - Preparing feasibility studies, estimates, cost plans, and data bases.
- Whole Life Cost outputs - Productivity improvement, value and sustainability assessment
- PFI Operational Monitoring
The post holder will be required to work within a busy team supporting Partners/Associates and Senior Consultants in delivering services on a variety of projects
Work with Project/Service Leaders to ensure that all commissions are delivered on time, within the specified EFM and to the required scope of work agreed with the client
Ensuring that all business processes and procedures, as well as governance aspects are adhered to at all times including maintaining utilisation to the agreed percentage
Maintaining an awareness and understanding of the FM & WLC market, industry best practice and emerging trends
Being proactive and supporting the Senior FM/WLC team in the identification of potential commercial opportunities
The activities will include assisting in:
- The management of FM procurement / outsourcing process on behalf of public / private sector clients. Developing and drafting appropriate Tender documentation, such as PPQ's, ITT's, etc.
- Bid/Tender preparation and FMC product development
- Vendor due diligence and analysis.
- FM Supply Chain Procurement commissions
- FM Technical Advisory Services on behalf of either lender of public sector clients.
- FM related Technical Due Diligence commissions on behalf of lenders.
- Carrying out FM best value / audit reviews
- Drafting service specifications, service delivery plans and advising upon associated performance measures.
- Reviewing commercial and technical FM issues, such as Payment Mechanisms, commercial agreements/contracts, etc.
- Planning and project managing commissions across both the public and private sectors.
- Supporting the WLC team in comparing options and their associated cost and income streams taking into account both initial capital and or procurement costs, opportunity costs and future costs
- An energetic and motivated individual with natural drive to achieve results
- A perceptive individual who, through natural diplomacy, can influence people in a changing environment with gravitas to represent Arcadis in face to face client meetings
- Commercially aware and financially astute individual who can identify the key issues and set suitable benchmarks
- A clear thinking person demonstrating attention to detail who is well organised and can operate independently under a broad direction
- A team player who can develop and maintain good relationships and gain the confidence of other professionals
- Demonstrate the ability to form an independent opinion based on information received
- Working as part of a team as well as capable of using own initiative
- Ability to write concise reports
- A good communicator who can influence others and lead projects
The consultant will support and be supported by a strong team with multi-disciplinary experience when delivering these services. As such, they should possess good inter personal skills, be able to work independently and as part of a team, as well as being able to liaise with stakeholders at all levels including Lenders, Authority Directors, lawyers, design team consultants, project managers, FM managers and contract managers.
Other specific requirements;
- Computer literate, Excel, Word, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint
- Report writing skills
- Evidence of working to and meeting deadlines
- Excellent communicator with both internal and external clients
- Robust opinion former
- Experience and knowledge of FM and WLC delivery
- Experience of Public Sector client's; Health, Education & LA etc. as well as having experience of operating within a private sector environment.
- Knowledge of PFI would be desirable.
- Minimum of 2 years FM/WLC related experience
Education and Professional Qualifications
Likely to be a qualified FM practitioner or with full membership of BIFM / RICS or other professionally related organisation
We look forward to receiving your application.