Gas Design Engineer - Transmission and Distribution (T&D)
Our client employs some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 7,000 people in locations across the UK.
They provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and they are looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there to be their next generation of leaders.
They are seeking additional Gas Design Engineers (Engineer, Senior, Principal levels) to join their Energy team in their Birmingham city centre office working on a diverse range of projects for a variety of established clients within the gas transmission and distribution sector.
Their range of projects includes the design of new gas pipelines, pipeline diversions, new pressure reduction and storage installations and modifications to existing installations.
The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Ideally you will have a gas engineering background and experience of working within a design team delivering feasibility, conceptual and detail designs
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Technical design of gas engineering projects;
- Production of design calculations, reports, specifications and other technical documents;
- Material specifications, data sheets and take-offs;
- Coordinating the production of design drawings;
- Leading the design for projects;
- Liaising with clients, equipment suppliers and manufacturers;
- Supporting project managers and design discipline teams;
- Ensuring technical quality with the ability to deliver projects on time;
- Training, developing and mentoring of junior staff, including delegation of work and supervising its delivery.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Incorporated Engineer status with IGEM or similar (candidates actively working towards this will also be considered);
- Demonstrable experience within the gas transmission and/or distribution sector (above 7 bar pressure);
- Competent in the use and understanding of Industry and Client Specifications, Codes of Practice, Policies and Procedures;
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, liaising directly with clients, third parties, project managers and other design team members;
- Motivated and enthusiastic;
- Good communication skills;
- Responsibility for technical quality;
- Registered gas industry design Approver and/or Appraiser is desirable but not essential.