|Job Title:||General Manager - Onshore Wind Farm|
|Contact Name:||Tom Wolsey|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Our client is a world leading developer of utility scale Renewable Energy projects.
They are currently looking to recruit a General Manager for a large onshore wind farm which is expected to enter construction in Q3 of 2015.
This person will be responsible for the oversight and management of the entire project company, managing the business on behalf of its board of directors, including:
- Overall responsibility for the construction and operation of the project;
- Ensuring a smooth transition from construction into the operations phase;
- Presenting necessary financial reporting documentation and other deliverables to the board and other stakeholders including project lenders and investors;
- Ensuring successful liaison with regulatory authorities and other project stakeholders, presenting a positive professional face of the project in community.
During the construction period the General Manager will:
- Manage the business, assisted by a construction management team, to oversee the construction of the wind farm;
- Ensure successful completion of the wind farm to time and budget, and as per the approved management plans and permit conditions;
- Take responsibility for all high level programming, scheduling and integration of the main wind farm construction contract and two transmission line construction contracts;
- Employ a full construction monitoring team consisting of civil and electrical engineers as required to monitor the construction of the wind farm to full commercial operation on behalf of the project;
- Responsible for the management and maintenance of construction insurance policies and project security instruments;
- Responsible for ensuring all project payments are made in timely manner and in accordance with contractual terms and conditions;
- Make full preparations for commercial operations, including all necessary plans, procedures and other requirements.
During the operating period the General Manager will:
- Manage the business, assisted by an asset management consultancy and a contracted team of operators/technicians and engineers, to operate the wind farm and carry out maintenance and repair of turbines and balance of plant;
- Ensure successful operation of the wind farm to budget, and as per the approved management plans and permit conditions;
- Manage the wind turbine service and availability agreement;
- Arrange for the training of staff and review the needs for quality, environmental performance and continuous development programmes to improve operator and wind farm performance, in line with established international practise for wind farms.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years previous experience as a senior management position in charge of at least  staff;
- Skilled in integrating the diverse interests of the business: engineering, finance, regulatory, contractor, operations, involved in constructing and or operating projects;
- Experience in the wind industry and specifically managing turnkey EPC contracts, technical and commercial asset management and power purchase agreement implementation would be highly advantageous;
- A minimum qualification requirement of a bachelor's degree is a requirement.
The role will require the candidate to travel to site on a regular basis and for possible prolonged periods during both the Construction and Operations phases.