Regional General Manager
Our Client, a leading national waste and recycling management company, is looking for a Regional General Manager to join their team in the South East of England.
The successful candidate will provide leadership and direction of the overall business within the division and ensuring positive delivery of all commercial, health and safety and operational results.
· Responsible for all aspects of the regional business.
· Lead the thinking and planning for delivering business growth within region.
· Provide account management support for both existing sales and new sales within region.
· To control, manage and review financial and operational performance, to deliver a profitable business with great customer service standards.
· Accountable for the management of Health and Safety within the region in line with the Company health and safety standard.
Nature and Scope:
· Accountable to ensure legislator compliance at all times by all staff.
· Drive the continuous improvement of customer and service provision for the region. Support and work closely to improve and introduce new working practices.
· Accountable for core performance metrics.
· Prepare annual budgets and report on monthly financial position.
· Manages the operations for current and future demand.
Essential Experience / Skills:
· Business Degree.
· Extensive management experience of a B2B service delivery region/area.
· Direct experience at delivering revenues through an SME sales channel and the ability to support key accounts in the corporate account channel.
· Lean Management Understanding.
· Extensive experience of profit & loss management.
· Extensive transport / logistics knowledge.
· Assured, knowledgeable, highly motivated, engaging, co-operative and confident in front of customers and key stakeholders.
· Knowledge and understanding of change agendas in different market sectors.
· Strategically focused leader with a proven track record of turning strategy into results.
· Strong Commercial background.
· Experienced in people management in a Trade Union environment.
· Experience of managing in a labour intensive, multi-shift environment.