General Manager - Waste & Recycling
You don't have to have experience in waste. If you're a commercially minded, strong leader, who enjoys coaching teams to deliver and exceed targets, we're keen to speak with you.
Your key responsibility is leading and developing the depot team for a large-scale, leading UK based waste and recycling company.
- Lead and develop depot team, to ensure high performance on delivery and business growth.
- Define the business strategy to develop the depot.
- Identify training requirements.
- Coach and mentor the team to develop a positive culture and strong skills base.
- Ensure compliance across Health, Safety and Environment throughout the operational team.
- Manage the full P&L budget (prepare annual budget and report on monthly financial position) and deliver year-on-year growth of the depot.
- Create good working relationships across divisions, implementing best practice to deliver excellent service to all clients and stakeholders.
- Optimise staff and resources effectively, working closely with the cross-department teams to introduce new working methods.
Skills & Qualifications
- Proven experience as an operational leader, delivering to commercial targets.
- Graduate calibre (i.e. A level/degree).
- Experience to route planning software, such as DPS (LogiX), Route Monkey etc.
- 20% bonus.
- Company car + fuel card.
For more information about this position, contact Charles Cocklin at ALLEN & YORK 01202 888 986.