Our client is a leading national waste management business. On their behalf, we are seeking to appoint a General Plant Operator.
The role will include responsibility for the safe and efficient operation of the boiler, turbine, flue gas treatment and demineralisation plant. You would also be responsible for isolations and/or locking off in preparation for Permits for Work when authorised to do so. General Plant Operator will be reporting to the Duty Shift. The post holder will be trained in the operation of the plant using the SCADA equipment, and will then be expected to assist the Control Room Supervisors in their duties, deputising for them during their shift as instructed.
Main Responsibilities will include, but not limit:
- Make sure that all plant is under the supervision at all times; during start up, operations and shutdown, and in accordance with the instructions of the Duty Shift Engineer
- Liaising as and when necessary, and as instructed by the Duty Shift Engineer, with Control Room Supervisors, Mechanical, Electrical and Instrument maintenance departments, and with Contractors
- Keeping a continuous check of the operational status of plant under the postholder's control by means of instrumentation and indicators
- Taking appropriate, safe action on receipt of alarms and under abnormal operating conditions
- Assisting in the delivery and dispatch of chemicals and other relevant materials
- Assisting, when necessary, in the cleaning of blockages and spillages. In the case of residual plant, these spillages may be in a cold, wet environment
- Providing appropriate cover in the safe operation of the Cranes when requested by management
- Responsibility for ensuring that any Quality, Safety or Environmental Systems procedures which they are responsible for managing or undertaking, are performed in accordance with appropriate requirements
- Minimum: C&G Boiler Operation, Turbine Operation or equivalent
- Must have experience in the operation of Boilers, Turbines, and auxiliary plant, or suitable alternative experience augmented by further training
- A commitment to train others when required to do so
- A high level of awareness/observation across the site
- A high level of knowledge of site procedures
- Working towards or holding further relevant qualifications (e.g City and Guilds auxiliary plant operation or principles and operation of power plant, or. ONC engineering).
Please Note: All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK without the need for employer sponsorship.
We look forward to receiving your application.