Opportunity for two Geo-environmental Consultant with 1-2 years experience to join one of our client's offices in the East Midlands. The role will involve delivering environmental solutions and advisory services on projects within the property and investment sector.
Our client is a mid sized Environmental consultancy group with techincal teams across Ground Engineering, EIA and Ecology, and EHS. The team has expanded rapidly in 2016 and 2017 and we are looking to support further growth across key areas of the team.
- Prepare logs compliant to EC7
- Technical management of investigations (e.g. recognising when ground conditions are at variance from those anticipated and require the investigation to be varied and appropriate interfacing with other disciplines and/or Client).
- To demonstrate the use of geological maps, historical maps, environmental data and site walkover information in assessing ground risk (e.g. slope stability, soft ground, mining, contamination, ground gas) for Phase I and Phase II investigations.
- Ground investigation techniques, sampling and in-situ testing.
- To demonstrate knowledge and developing expertise of appropriate laboratory tests, their scheduling and interpretation and together with associated British Standards.
- Development of appropriate ground models and associated ground water and geotechnical design parameters for slopes, earthworks, road pavements, retaining walls and foundations
- Appropriate basic design methods for shallow foundations (bearing capacity and settlement analysis), piles, retaining walls, earthworks, pavements, ground improvement and slope stability.
- Use of generic guidance for the assessment of surface and groundwater contamination, using UK DWS and EQS guidelines.
- Use of generic guidance for the assessment of risks associated with ground gases.
- Use of guidance to classify waste materials for disposal at landfill.
- To demonstrate knowledge of UK legislation relating to ground contamination.
- To demonstrate an ability to write clear and concise factual reports.
- Bachelor degree in Environmental Science, Geology or Civil Engineering.
- Full UK driving licence
This is a strong opportunity to join a growing team with real plans for growth in the near future.