Geo Environmental Engineer
A brilliant opportunity has arisen for a emerging geo-environmental professional to join a fantastic consultancy working in a number of exiting sectors. You may currently be working in your first role after graduating with a couple of years experience, and looking to take your development to the next level.
We are looking for a driven individual who has a solid base of experience working in the geo-environmental sector, working both on site and in the office.
My client works on a vast range of projects from the London Olympics legacy developments to high profile commercial and infrastructure projects across the country.
Sitting within the Contaminated Land team in Birmingham, the successful applicant would be expected to project manage a wide range of geo-environmental projects along with taking responsibility for the financial performance and commercial management of Phase 1 Desk Studies and Phase 2 Site Investigation projects.
The work is varied and widespread supporting clients on projects both in Birmingham and throughout the UK as required. The company values innovation and encourage thinking 'outside of the box', while always seeking to provide commercial solutions to complex environmental issues.
- Experience of managing and supervising Phase 1 and Phase 2 geo-environmental investigations including soil and rock logging, soil and groundwater sampling and in-situ testing.
- Factual and interpretive report writing including Generic Quantitative Risk Assessments for human health and controlled waters.
- Appreciation of ground engineering aspects of development projects.
- Experience of preparing Environmental Assessments in support of real estate transactions.
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills with the ability to factually check technical reports.
- Experience and proficiency in using GIS and HoleBASE packages would be advantageous.
- Ability to deliver projects on time and within budget with a strong focus on client care in project management and delivery.
- Willingness to travel and a full driving license are essential to the role.
This is a brilliant opportunity for an individual possibly looking to make their first move in the sector.
For more information contact Tom Herbert 01202 888 986
We look forward to receiving your application.