|Job Title:||Geo- Environmental Engineer|
|Salary:||£24000.00 - £28000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Herbert|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
This is an excellent opportunity to join the Geo-Environmental Consultancy within a highly regarded, long established, specialist Ground Investigation group of companies with offices nationwide.
The successful candidate would ideally have:
* B.Sc. / M.Sc. in an Environmental or Geotechnical related subject.
* Approximately 2 - 5 years experience in contaminated land and geo-environmental investigations and technical report writing on sites in the UK.
* A strong technical background on environmental and geotechnical assessment and design, remediation and validation of contaminated land.
* Technical Report writing experience of Phase 1, 2, 3 and 4 stages of investigation.
* Knowledge of generic and site specific risk assessments, CLEA and other risk models, groundwater contamination, P20 assessments, landfill gas risk assessments, remediation techniques, waste soil classification, validation etc.
* Experience and understanding of current UK legislation for contaminated land.
* Geotechnical knowledge, particularly with regard to foundation assessment.
* Experience of logging soils to BS5930/Eurocode 7.
* Full UK drivers licence.
This role would suit a environmental engineer, looking to diversify their workload from the 'run of the mill' residential and commercial project they may currently be working on. My client works on an interesting range of projects across the North West, and is looking for an ambitious individual to help them reach their ambitious growth plans in 2016 and beyond.
If you could be interested in this role or would like to speak about other opportunities in the GeoEnvironmental sector, please get in touch with Tom Herbert at Allen & York.