Allen & York's Ground Engineering team have been brought on board to assist the internal recruitment team of a large consultancy group, in filling an urgent requirement in their Edinburgh team's GeoEnvironmental division. This team is well established with a good stream of both internal and external clients, with a healthy pipeline of work heading into 2017.
This role would suit a consultant who has gained a couple of years of solid grounding in the sector who is looking to make their first move into a new team. You will gain exposure to remediation and ground investigation projects across the region, working in both the office and on site.
A full job description is available on request; however, our client has asked for the following as essential requirements:
- Degree in geology, environmental science or related subject
- Preferably 4 years + relevant experience
- Knowledge of environmental law, standards and regulatory guidance
- Conceptual model formulation
- Qualitative and generic quantitative risk assessment and / or initial interpretation of geotechnical data
- Computer literate and competent in use of MS Office to create spreadsheets and documents for effective reporting, communication and record keeping
- Commercial awareness and attention of detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Full UK driving licence
In addition, the following points are highly desirable
- Master's degree in geology, environmental science or related subject
- Experience of detailed quantitative risk assessment
This role is immediately available and we are looking to speak with suitable candidates as soon as possible. 01202 888986