Job Title: GIS Developer
Reports To: TEC Systems Product Manager
The purpose of this role is to provide GIS development and analysis services which are aligned with project development programmes and company objectives. The GIS Developer also plays a key role in ensuring that the company remains fit for purpose and sustainable within a competitive market. This role will provide fundamental technical assistance internally
The TEC Systems Product Team is a vital part of the organisation, providing bespoke software solutions, tools and specialist expertise across the global business. This includes developing and supporting applications for:
- Site selection and feasibility analysis
- Technical analysis suites used to calculate the optimal design for a wind or solar farm, as well as predict the energy production and economic viability of a site
The team also provides specialist support, training and ad-hoc technical analysis for the global wind and solar project development teams
The successful candidate will join the TEC Systems Product Team to support and develop GIS applications and tools. The applications produced by the team are used to support the global development of Renewable Energy projects as follows:
- Finding potential sites for wind, solar or storage projects
- Managing relationships and contracts with landowners, including spatial tracking of landowner boundaries.
- Assessing the suitability of potential sites in the face of a fast-changing political landscape.
- Providing fast access to key spatial datasets and associated tools.
- Mapping constraints and designing layouts.
- Providing complex bespoke GIS analysis and data processing services to the desired quality, cost and level of traceability.
Additionally, the successful candidate will deliver support and mentoring the company's team of GIS
Analysts. The GIS developer will need to continuously strive to reduce waste and drive lean processes within the Technical department and the end users in the different
- GIS application development
- ArcObjects, ArcGIS ArcMap Desktop and ArcGIS Server
- Object orientated principles
- GIS design patterns
- Geographic data formats
- Data management best practice
- GIS Client/Server Architecture discipline.
- Ability to discuss, design and implement desktop and server based geoprocessing tools/applications and services
- Ability to discuss and resolve logical problems
- Ability to integrate smoothly with an existing team
- ESRI ArcGIS
- ArcGIS Software Integration
- Databases (SQL Server, Postgres, PostGIS etc)
Ideally a degree in GIS, Geography,
Computer Science or equivalent or a related discipline.