|Job Title:||Global Commodity Manager|
|Contact Name:||Lloyd Murphy|
|Job Published:||28 days ago|
Allen & York are delighted to have been engaged to recruit for this key position on behalf of our client, part of a global engineering giant.
Reporting to the Head of Strategic Sourcing and working within the Distributed Generation Services Business Unit. The purpose of this role is to develop and execute integrated Commodity Strategies including the development of the Gas Turbine component repair strategy. The successful candidate will need to ensure robust and optimised supply chains are in place to deliver outstanding performance and competitive advantage to our business stakeholders.
Over the past few years, this turbine business has successfully grown to be a £1 billion per annum global business by focusing on the supply and support of aero-derivative gas turbine packages and equipment to the global oil & gas and power generation markets. The business has supplied over 4,000 gas turbines to customers in over 80 countries accumulating over 200 million hours of operating experience. It is their vision to be the customers' first choice for distributed power generation and compression systems solutions.
- Develop and deliver robust and integrated Commodity and Supplier strategies to provide supply chains capable of providing business needs across all stakeholder areas.
- Understand the global supply market for selected Commodity Groups and ensure that the Commodity Strategy optimises the use of global supply chain options.
- Understand stakeholder requirements for current and future programmes and assess current / future state to understand capability gaps in the external supply chain.
- Drive change programmes to support strategy execution and to close capability gaps, ensuring impact on existing supply chains is managed.
- Assess macro and micro risks within the Commodity Group / Supply chain and ensuring strategy includes mitigation of such risk.
- Develop and foster mutually beneficial relationships with new suppliers, including risk-sharing partnerships where applicable and enabling access to supplier technology / expertise.
- Ensure Contracts are in place at the appropriate time to mitigate commercial risk and optimise commercial advantage for current and future programmes.
- Ensure buy-in of all stakeholders and secure resource and timing commitments from stakeholders to execute strategies
What do you need to do this job?
- Ability to work in a complex, fast changing global organisational environment
- Good understanding of business strategy and plans to ensure alignment
- Familiarity with Gas Turbine component Manufacturing processes and Quality Control Processes
- Knowledge of SAP systems
- Proven experience in leading Strategic programmes of work
- Have a creative and innovative mindset
- Practical experience of developing business improvements
- Previous experience of cost model development is desirable
- CIPS qualified or working towards