Our client is one of the world's largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. They specialise in the design and manufacture of superconducting magnets for MRI scanners.
They have an opportunity for a Global Commodity Manager to take worldwide responsibility for total Purchasing Volume (PVO) of approx. 90 Million Euro. You will be responsible for the organisation, control and measurement of Pooling and Procurement activities in a virtual managed globally team in the area of responsibility with the objective of establishing optimum conditions on an excellent supplier base
Management of Commodities
- Manage (Sub)Commodities globally and cross-Sectoral (for specific material field) or Sectoral and foster cross-functional alignment within area of responsibility to ensure best in class organisatin
- Coordinate and manage a virtual/disciplinary team globally to achieve optimum conditions and savings through collaborative, targeted activities and to increase profit from global and cross-Sectoral or Sectoral sourcing
(Sub)Commodity structure and organization
- Define (Sub)Commodity structure and organisation in alignment with respective Manager; develop and implement material productivity programs/ measures to achieve the maximum contribution to the targets
- Ensure PVO transparency globally by, amongst others, correct ESN coding to ensure a correct reporting and to derive an appropriate commodity strategy.
(Sub) Commodity strategies and Pooling strategies
- Define and implement (Sub) Commodity and Pooling strategies (based on conducted demand, market and supplier analyses) within area of responsibility; evaluate and document in Commodity Strategy Master (CSM) / Strategic Material Segment (SMS) and update regularly; communicate the strategies to ensure long-term, cost-efficient supply of materials and strategic Global Value Sourcing. Support superior Pooling functions (e.g. PuC)
- Define and implement negotiation concepts and strategies to maximize savings. Negotiate frame contracts; define core assortment; document frame contracts in relevant Supplier Management IT-systems.
- Foster usage of eProcurement tools (eRfX, eAuction/ eBidding); ensure that contract structures are transferable in eCatalogues (applicable esp. for Indirect Material) to improve the Procurement process and efficiency
- Forward systematically all relevant Procurement related project information (e.g. updated contractual conditions, Supplier Management data) to keep all project participants up to date
Risk and opportunity management
- Identify procurement risks, opportunities and market forces to avoid potential damage/ exploit potential opportunities through tailored risk management and change management
- Perform Supplier Management: Supplier selection, incl. documentation and communication of FPL suppliers, regular supplier and strategic evaluations, supplier qualification and supplier development to obtain and develop the best suppliers and to ensure an optimum supply chain
To qualify for the role:
- Commercial or technical degree, CIPS accreditation beneficial
- Experience in Strategic Procurement and/or other functions within companies
- Working experience in engineering/manufacturing in your prior work environment would be beneficial, but not mandatory
- Experience in working with global virtual teams/cross-functional teams
- Very good skills and detailed knowledge in contract management
- Very good skills and experience in negotiation as well as moderation and presentation skills
- Intercultural experience, strategic thinking, strengths in execution and very much customer- and quality-oriented