Allen & York are recruiting a Global Director Sales & Business Development for an international EPC & Developer of Solar PV projects.
We are looking for a dynamic Business Development professional to drive sales in the rapidly growing market for distributed renewable generation for commercial, government, industrial, and utility customers. We are focused on developing, executing, owning, and operating customer sited distributed power plants from large scale rooftop projects to several hundred MW scale utility projects, utilizing a combination of technologies including solar and energy storage.
This key position will lead the Business Development Team and will be charged with leading the sales efforts within the Commercial and Industrial market. Focus will be on prospecting new customers, developing client pipeline, working through technical, contractual and financial issues, closing transactions, supporting project construction activities and achieving positive financial results for our customers and the business.
This individual would conduct business development activities working with a dynamic team of renewable energy professionals with the energy of a start-up, but with the support of the rest of the global capabilities in engineering, construction, transmission, and more.
We require a proven ability to manage the sales & business development process, to travel extensively (up to 50%), to manage multiple sales opportunities, and to communicate effectively.
- Develops distributed Solar PV and Storage applications for commercial and industrial customers in Target Markets;
- Develops and implements strategic sales plans to achieve corporate goals and sets performance goals accordingly;
- Determines customer needs, prices, and gross margin opportunity;
- Directs channel partner development activity;
- Coordinates sales by leveraging 3rd party sales channels;
- Represents company at trade association meetings;
- Delivers sales presentations to key customers and prospective clients;
- Meets with key clients, excels at developing and maintaining relationships;
- Maintains and documents sales activity reports using company CRM; and
- Prepares periodic sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Must demonstrate advanced knowledge of electric utility concepts, practices, and procedures and significant knowledge of electric utility business practices and issues faced and can contribute to problem resolution of those issues.
- Existing relationships with commercial and industrial clients.
- Knowledge of various 3rd party ownership financial structures.
- Technical knowledge of solar and storage systems and how they can best integrate to solve our clients energy challenges.
- Demonstrated successful delivery of DG Solar PV projects into construction phase and/or COD;
- Knowledge of the full-cycle of DG Solar PV development and marketing;
- Knowledge of interconnection, permitting, real estate, state/federal regulation, utility incentive programs, politics, law and other issues that impact development of renewable energy projects;
- Transactional / Finance / Negotiation experience a plus;
- Good knowledge of the DG Solar PV industry participants (potential partners) and stakeholders;
- Experience: Bachelor's degree; 7+ years directly related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; MBA preferred but not essential.
- Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Presentation Ability. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication. Ability to present in public settings and provide informative materials and respond to questions.
This is just one of many jobs that ALLEN & YORK are currently recruiting across the Middle East & North Africa (MENA) region. ALLEN & YORK are the specialist recruiters for the Middle East sustainability sector and actively recruit in the UAE (predominantly Dubai & Abu Dhabi), Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt and Morocco. Our international network of clients & candidates mean we have a demonstrable track record in recruiting high calibre professional staff across the world - get in touch to learn more.