Government Relations Manager
Location: West London
Unique opportunity to work on the largest NSIP in the UK.
Leading up to the submission of the planning application, the client needs to build trust and demonstrate an ability to deliver expansion affordably, on time and on budget whilst maintaining the support of the local community and wider stakeholders.
The client engages with both the DfT on all aspects of our expansion proposals to facilitate the timely delivery of expansion.
A series of commitments have been made to the local community and the Secretary of State. Strategies will now need to be developed to ensure that these are implemented in a way that is acceptable to the project.
The role is therefore to support the Senor Government Relations Manager in developing strategies, propositions and relationships to engage the DfT teams around expansion.
The role will focus upon:
- Developing relationships to build trust with the DfT
- Building relationships internally to ensure that the information we are providing the DfT is consistent with our negotiating positon
- Managing governance interactions and ensuring the evidence and audit trail for engagement is in place.
- Support the engagement strategies for DfT and organise a consistent programme of engagement activity in line with that strategy for both the DfT.
- Support the production of papers for monthly Programme Coordination Board and support the Senior Government Relations Manager at the Weekly Update meeting with DfT.
- Attend the Airspace OR Surface Access Working Groups, ensuring that the work programme is properly aligned with the negotiating strategy and also with the work of Programme Coordination Board.
- Act as Secretariat as required to governance fora or support DfT if they are undertaking the role ensuring that agenda, minutes and papers are prepared and delivered in a timely fashion.
- Support the Senior Government Relations Manager and the Expansion Airline Strategy Director to develop negotiating strategies for DfT.
- Develop relationships with colleagues in the expansion team to ensure their work is aligned with the DfT negotiating strategy; to support them secure policy support/change necessary to progress their areas; and to provide intelligence to the team so that people can calibrate their work to (often changing) Government priorities.
- Develop relationships outside the Expansion team, particularly with colleagues that have existing relationships with the DfT
- Use Salesforce to maintain the stakeholder register ensuring that all interactions are properly recorded and accessible for future reference.
- Must own the quality of materials, engagement and process
Work as a Team
- Vital to work closely with the wider Expansion team, and the Regulatory and Communications teams.
Focus on Results
- Must seek successful outcomes
Look after Customers
- Must be focused on airlines and passenger interests
- Requires strong relationship building with DfT and across the business
Look for Improvement
- Look for continuous improvement in how we maintain relations
- Positively shift the relationship with DfT
- Long term, analytical strategic thinking needed throughout
Qualifications & Experience
- Knowledge expansion proposals, DfT and CAA
- Knowledge of the key policy areas where expansion interfaces with the DfT
- Highly competent in building relationships and engagement
- Experience and competence in O365 collaboration tools, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Experience or qualifications for project management, meeting management and stakeholder engagement including keeping robust audit trails
"Our plans are ambitious ones. And our people equally so. That's why we recognise and value the contribution that everyone makes. In return we offer great benefits. These include our employee assistance programme, pension, healthcare and travel offers, plus a wide range of development opportunities to take your career further."
Interested...? Get in touch!