This is a great opportunity to join a technical commercial energy consultancy specialising in renewables and storage at a graduate level. Working with both the private sector and the government this is a great chance to develop a strong experience within the future technologies market, having a solid focus on energy storage. Due to massive success my client would like to bring a Graduate Analyst in order to support the rapid expansion of the storage business. Located either near Edinburgh or in Bristol, if you are a graduate with an engineering or science background and an interest in a sustainable future then get in touch!
- Conducting modelling on various topics ranging from analysing storage revenue streams through to providing analysis in support of technical due diligence of storage projects.
- Getting to grips with the market, policy and regulation: Diving into the details where needed to solve issues on real-life storage projects.
- Delving into renewables projects: getting stuck into solar and wind technical projects, particularly when there is a storage component.
- Shaping strategy: making recommendations on how to develop the storage strategy – and then helping put it into practice.
- Meeting clients: joining client meetings to build client relationships and win work – at first in a support role, and when ready, chairing them.
- Informing industry debate: providing analysis for thought leadership and influencing policy outcomes – for blogs and conference presentations.
What does the team provide?
- Due Diligence on Demand: Working smarter to rapidly evaluate risk and opportunity.
- Project Support: Applying experienced eyes to improve asset performance and add value to project development.
- Strategic Support: Deploying effective people with the right industry know-how to address technical, commercial and strategic challenges.
- The team is a group of mostly engineers, with a smattering of economics/policy experts. They are all motivated to transform our energy system, and are passionate about the role of technology in achieving this. They all live and breathe our company values of entrepreneurship, partnership and quality.
- Exceptional analytical ability: You excel at Excel, and likely have coding experience too.
- Passion to transform our energy system: The energy sector is in transition; you want to be one of the movers-and-shakers which speeds this along.
- Entrepreneurial. You are commercially engaged and want to find new solutions to real-life storage problems – and you’ve got that spark which makes things happen.
- Hunger to develop and learn: So you’ve bagged a superb degree but for you, learning doesn’t stop there. You want to put that great analytical training into practice, and to develop a broader set of skills, technical and commercial, which will fast-track your career in the energy sector. At the same time, you’re not too proud to muck-in with other tasks as needed.
- Communication savviness: You don’t just crunch the numbers – you’re great at interpreting what those numbers mean. You’re able to write clear, concise and accurate reports in English – and are keen to develop your presenting skills too. And, more generally, you’re able to work with colleagues remotely across offices (and countries).
- Improvisatory instinct: Some people like the reassurance of clear rules and systems. But you’re comfortable working with evolving scopes, in the context of competing priorities. In fact, you’re not just comfortable with this – you thrive on it. You love the intellectual thrill and team-bonding that comes from some meaty dynamic problem-solving.
If this sounds like you and would be worth discussing further then do please get in touch with Toby Condie on 01202888986 ext.282
- Energy Storage