Graduate Civil Engineer - Water
As part of a joint venture, our client are working on the AMP5 and AMP6 Treatment frameworks for a major water utilities company. This award winning JV team provide asset management and engineering solutions for the client to address identified risks to their business.
Our client have been engaged on these frameworks from 2010 and have been re-appointed through to at least 2020. As the AMP6 workload increases we require a Graduate Civil Engineer to join the design team.
Outline of role
You will be working within an established and experienced multidisciplinary design team supporting the delivery of a wide variety of projects, both clean and waste water treatment.
You will be capable of working under your own initiative with an appropriate level of supervision.
Your involvement and responsibilities will be project dependant and will cover; project feasibility through to detailed design and construction support.
Typical duties will include:
Liaising with other civil engineers, CAD operators and other discipline designers as well as subcontractors and the supply chain.
Undertaking feasibility studies, outline civil and hydraulic design and optioneering.
Developing civil and hydraulic design drawings and documents.
Producing administration and contract document.
Masters Degree in Civil Engineering
Ideally, you will have some work experience, preferably, working in civil engineering within the Water industry.
- The ability to communicate in a fluent and positive manner with other team members and to produce reports in clear English is essential
- Able to work collaboratively, and form strong positive relationships with colleagues, clients and contractors
- Committed to Professional Recognition with relevant Institution
- Ability to work on own initiative and seek assistance when required
- Ability to organise and prioritise your own workload to ensure that timescales are met
- Good problem solving / contingency planning skills with ability to find innovative and practical solutions
- Take responsibility for personal development
- Demonstrate pride in work, through accurate timely delivery
- Well-presented and professional at all times