Graduate Highways Design Engineer + 1 year experience - Manchester
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Graduate Highways Design Engineer with a minimum 18 months post graduate experience to join our clients Transport and Planning team. You will be working on a variety of projects in assisting and designing highway infrastructure and associated schemes. Some opportunities to work on short missions overseas a potential reality. Successful applicants will be joining a continually growing, forward thinking, independent and international consultancy who specialise in a broad range of diverse engineering fields. My client who employ close to 7000 people globally, utilising expertise of variant disciplines whilst supporting sustainability and recognising potential world challenges would like to hear from you, if you are looking to inject some impetus to your career where you will be supported to achieve your ambitions.
You will be working out of the Manchester office and be nurtured to achieve your career aspirations, identifying opportunities for potential development and supporting training needs, whilst working alongside skilled and experienced colleagues.
- Produce design packages for highway infrastructure and associated planning schemes to appropriate standards from concept to design
- Assist preparation of contract documents
- Manage elements of projects where appropriate
- Developing commercial and technical awareness of projects
- Develop design solutions
- BSc/BEng in Civil engineering or equivalent
- 12 months post graduate or year placement in highway infrastructure design industry, ideally preparing detailed design for highway infrastructure through Section 278/38 agreement process
- Knowledge of DRMB, Manual for streets and relevant Highway standards
- MEng in Civil Engineering Desirable
- Knowledge of Civil 3d/mx for Highway design
- Knowledge in micro - drainage software
For a full detailed Job Description along with benefits information, please get in touch by sending your CV.