Our client is a large multi-disciplinary with offices all over the UK but currently looking to fill a role at their Manchester office.
This is a new role which is required as part of the growth and development of the Landscape & Urban Design team within the Environment and Energy Business Unit.
The purpose of the role is to complement and enhance the growing Landscape and Urban Design business by providing landscape architecture support capability for both infrastructure and public realm projects in a variety of sectors, including regeneration, energy, transport and water projects.
The successful applicant will be located in central Manchester and will report to the Principal Landscape Architect in Manchester.
The applicant will hold at least a BA in Landscape Architecture or Landscape Design with knowledge of Landscape Visual Impact Assessment and production of landscape drawings.
Requirements of the Graduate Landscape Architect
- Knowledge of landscape assessment and design.
- Understanding of environmental assessment process.
- Creative design ability.
- Demonstrable experience in one or more areas above gained from working in an office environment
- Commercial awareness - understanding the role of a consultant Enthusiasm and interest in current issues of landscape, urban design and placemaking, transport/movement
You will also have a combination of the following skills
- Excellent report writing skills essential.
- Computing skills, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) Sketch Up and AutoCAD.
- Communication skills for collaborating and working on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Supporting at client facing meetings and able to assist with client/contractor meetings.
- Developing an understanding of the requirements for the planning of resource for the successful delivery of projects.
We look forward to receiving your application.