|Job Title:||Head of Building Services|
|Location:||UK - England - South West England, Gloucestershire|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Howells|
|Job Published:||7 months ago|
Reports to: Director of Estates, Facilities and Sustainability
Liaises with: Departmental Directors, Operational Heads,
External Suppliers and Contractors
Line Manages: Maintenance Coordinator
Electrical/Mechanical Engineer - Maintenance
- Provide effective leadership, vision and motivation to the Building and Site Services team. Setting and monitoring standards and the performance of the team and individuals.
- To manage the team ensuring that recruitment, training, development, appraisal, performance, workload allocation, supervision, quality assurance, risk and other management activities are carried out effectively.
- Develop / support and promote a strong student user and customer focused performance culture within the team, implementing effective systems for setting targets, managing performance and delivering sustained improvements.
- Compliance - working in conjunction with our facilities management provider ensuring compliance with statutory, regulatory and legal compliance and ensuring transparency of accurate records to demonstrate full compliance
- Health & Safety - Promote the organisation's Health and Safety at Work Policy and Procedure and ensure these are implemented effectively within the department. Ensure the Building and Site Services team and contractors adhere to safe working practices and follow health and safety policy and procedures
- Contractors - oversee the performance of contractors working on site ensuring pre-selection checks, Permits to Work, site induction , safeguarding and health & safety procedures are implemented and followed
- Ensure the maintenance of appropriate standards for the organisation's premises and facilities, providing a high quality, well maintained, and responsive estate, meeting the needs of students, residents, users and other stakeholders.
- Lead and manage the work of the Facilities Coordinator, ensuring efficient and effective management and administrative support of the organisation's facilities, encompassing cleaning, records of equipment with servicing requirements and licences. The Facilities Coordinator role also encompasses procurement co-ordination and contract administration.
- Co-ordinate and submit planning applications for minor capital works. Determine whether such works are implemented internally, or by external contractors and in the latter case oversee the tendering process. Oversee and manage the cost effective implementation of minor capital works to a high standard ensuring planning, Building Regulation and CDM (Currently CDM 2015) requirements are complied with.
- To oversee the security of the campus and other properties, through the Site Manager/Caretaker, Residential and off site Operational Managers
- Oversee and operate within the annual financial budget for the Department, ensuring effective financial control; value for money and maximum cost efficiency.
- Promote the Organisation's Environmental policy ensuring effective energy saving measures and waste management strategies are employed.
- To lead on the development and implementation of policies, standards and plans for the security, maintenance and development of the organisations estate, and for energy management
- Ensure the development of staff within the department including compliance with mandatory training requirements, undertaking regular timely staff appraisals, supervision and providing coaching / mentoring as appropriate.
Based on a core working week of Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, with a requirement to adapt flexibly to workloads, to manage and oversee all aspects of the department that operates at weekends and over a 24 hour shift pattern, to attend occasional meetings outside of these hours and to support additional events and activities run by or on behalf of the organisation.
If interested please apply or call Toby Condie on 01202888986 ext.282