|Job Title:||Head of Commercial Management|
|Location:||UAE - Abu Dhabi|
|Job Published:||8 months ago|
ALLEN & YORK are currently recruiting for an experienced Head of Commercial Management for an international Consulting, design, construction and operation company of high tech production facilities for industries like Semi-conductor, Photovoltaics to work in Abu Dhabi Regional Office. The Head of Commercial Management will represent the company's interests to customers, governmental authorities, subcontractors and other project related partners.
- Develop the commercial team, setup all contractual aspects in regards to project execution, support calculation activities and benchmarking of EPCM, EPC, O&M, PPM and Solar Lease models.
- Day to day interfacing with senior management, clients, subcontractors and product manufacturers on significant matters.
- Coordinate the activities across the company with the business development and sales teams, engineering, project management and construction execution teams, O&M, and the finance and accounting teams.
- Responsible for all commercial activities in the pricing, procurement, contract negotiation and commercial execution of solar PV projects around the world.
- Develop policy guidelines, benchmarks and procedures for the team’s activities
- Lead proposal and estimating to develop a competitive price calculation scheme
- Work closely with the Head of E&C, engineers and designers and O&M Managers
- Identify and qualify subcontractors and component suppliers, both for global supply, and in close coordination with regional PMs and CMs
- Shall manage and coordinate with external consultants and subcontractors, where required.
- Plan, coordinate, and obtain commercial and risk approvals
- Interface with Accounting and with the CMs/PMs on the project cost reporting and on cost control management out of the regions
- Monitor project cash flow and project forecast
- Analyze and prepare various commercial forecasts (component pricing, project completions and cost management, etc) in collaboration with the commercial project team
- Reporting to upper management
- Develop reporting structure in close cooperation with financial team
- Other tasks as assigned
- Minimum 8 years’ leadership track record, with experience in building-up commercial teams and leading middle size commercial organizations
- Minimum 12 years’ experience in project execution, including creating calculations and offers
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or related field from an accredited university or advanced degree (Masters or equivalent).
- Experience with the commercial aspects of the job as well as business and client interactions.
- Experienced in developing contracts, conducting site audits, supplier pre-qualifications
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills, including ability to write clear and detailed commercial reports, presentations, emails, and proposals.
- Proven leadership skills are essential
- Demonstrate resilience and perseverance on one side and a team player on the other side.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment as well as be self-motivated, able to work independently when required, and be able to balance multiple activities under tight deadlines.