On behalf of our client we are seeking to appoint a Head of Commercial Property to develop and implement specific strategies that support the acquisition of a portfolio of commercial or agricultural land and property required to facilitate the development of a significant infrastructure project through a DCO application process.
- Develop commercial strategies for the timely acquisition of a portfolio of commercial and/or agricultural property, drawing on established best practice examples but also reflecting the organisations values and supporting the project programme aims
- Build effective, collaborative relationships with affected Commercial land and property owners and occupiers to ensure that the acquisition of as many interests as possible have been agreed in principle before the start of the DCO examination
- Manage the process of valuation and negotiation of agreements in principle to deliver the property liability forecasts for Commercial Property portfolio within the agreed Programme parameters, reporting on risk, variation and trajectory as the nature of all affected interests becomes more clearly defined and preferred solutions are developed for each interest
- Manage specialist consultants that will provide sector specific acquisition and valuation advice for all properties requiring to be acquired
- Work closely with Displaced Uses Managers and legal advisors to deliver integrated commercial solutions that protect the organisations commercial position in the project Programme, limiting its liabilities and expenditure while maintaining schedule and building a robust case for the DCO consenting process
- Use commercial understanding of the project to identify opportunities to optimise the DCO design and secure flexible outcomes that can improve the likelihood of consent success and realise better value to the organisation in delivery
- Identify key commercial property risks and develop solutions to mitigate exposure
Experience & Skills
At least 5 years' relevant post graduate experience in property valuation and acquisition in complex stakeholder environments
Experience in CPO is essential, preferably in a Nationally Significant Infrastructure Project
Experience of leading consultant teams in the timely production of complex deliverables
Experience of working within large complex multi-disciplinary teams, working in virtual teams and cross-functional working
Exceptional inter-personal, negotiating and influencing skills
Experience negotiating land agreements with businesses would be an advantage
Strong commercial awareness and ability to make decisions in accordance with governance procedures
Essential Personal Attributes
Sets and drives challenging goals for consultants and others and takes ownership for meeting objectives.
Identifies and involves the right people in collaborative working and decision making and holds themselves and others to account for delivering the overall quality of results required.
Understands the common goals of the team, inspires colleagues to work together and collaborate across functions. Looks for opportunities to support others in delivering their goals
The salary for this position has not yet been decided. We are currently shortlisting interested parties for this role and there maybe some opportunity to be guided by the market.
We look forward to receiving your application.