|Job Title:||Head of Commercials - Solar PV|
|Location:||United Arab Emirates,|
|Contact Name:||Ghadir Shaar|
|Job Published:||12 months ago|
Allen & York are recruiting a Head of Commercials/Procurement for an international Consulting, design, construction and operation company that develop and invest in utility size energy projects with a technology focus on Combined-Cycle, Co-and Tri-Generation, Photovoltaic, Biomass or Geothermal. The company invest on the basis of Feed-In-Tariffs or long term Power-Purchase-Agreements.conductor,Photovoltaics,
Duties & Responsibilities
In this role the successful candidate will be acting as the Procurement Director for M+W Group's global solar PV business and will be located in Dubai. The company operates on a global platform with projects completed in Europe, Asia, Australasia and the Americas with a strong financial platform and ambitions to grow globally. The position will also entail managing relationships with subsidiaries such as Total Facility Solutions (TFS) who performs Mechanical & Electrical construction, Gehrlicher Solar America Corporation (GSAC), a turnkey Solar design-build company and NSTAR, a technical services and staffing company.
Moreover, the hired candidate will coordinate and develop regional key Subcontractors and Suppliers and distribution networks, as well as set targets together with the regional COO and Corporate Procurement in order to define the regional procurement strategy. In that regard the incumbent will develop and implement project procurement strategies for the region and will be functionally responsible for all project procurement activities in the Americas. This includes the negotiation and resolution of claims, variations and extensions of time in escalation cases supporting other functional areas that also support these resolutions.
Additionally, the successful candidate will manage and lead end to end commercial transaction cycle. At the same time, the Corporate Procurement Director will ensure compliance with corporate procurement policies and procedures.
The hired incumbent will lead the regional sourcing and identification of Subcontractors and Suppliers, will negotiate key contracts and agreements with suppliers to obtain the most favorable terms for the company. Another task in this area will be to ensure key performance indicators are created and measured, contract compliance is monitored and vendor compliance guidelines and scorecards are developed and adhered to.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Proven ability to lead a procurement function in a decentralized organization
- Knowledge within the Advanced Technology Industries Mechanical and Electrical systems, equipment and sub-contracting with contractors
- Provide / design highly specialized procurement models
- Lead end to end commercial transaction cycle
- Advice compliance at all levels with corporate procurement policies and procedures.
- Manage effective sourcing & identifying suppliers on national & international basis, shipping & freight, price negotiations, contractual transactions, standards & specifications compliance.
- Provide corporate management in all areas of the procurement lifecycle for major construction projects from the initial drafting and implementation of project procurement strategies to the negotiation and resolution of claims, variations and extensions of time.
- Demonstrated experience with service related contracts such as fixed price, fixed unit price, time, material, and cost reimbursable contracts.
- Develop project specific procurement and costs savings strategies focused on Global Corporate Procurement commodities to be leveraged on a global scale. Report savings achieved throughout the procurement phase of all projects.
- Demonstrated experience applying principles of financial analysis, activity based costing, and supply chain methodology.
- Demonstrated experience working with ORACLE in a purchasing environment.
- Must demonstrate the ability to integrate work across relevant areas, develop the business and services to enhance customer satisfaction and productivity, manage risks appropriately, develop and execute business plans, manage information, and provide exceptional service to internal and external customers.
- Project Management experience, particularly managing multiply projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated effective decision making, results delivery, team build, as well as the ability to stay current with relevant techniques and innovation
- Solid understanding of an EPC environment
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred
- 10-15 years of procurement & commercial contract management
- 5+ years of management experience, ideally in a relevant industry
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or equivalent qualification
This is just one of many jobs that ALLEN & YORK are currently recruiting across the Middle East & North Africa (MENA) region. ALLEN & YORK are the specialist recruiters for the Middle East sustainability sector and actively recruit in the UAE (predominantly Dubai & Abu Dhabi), Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt and Morocco. Our international network of clients & candidates mean we have a demonstrable track record in recruiting high calibre professional staff across the world - get in touch to learn more.