|Job Title:||Head Of Environment|
|Contact Name:||Zoe Payne|
|Job Published:||13 days ago|
HEAD OF ENVIRONMENT
This is a rare but extremely exciting opportunity to head-up a growing environmental team at one of the UK's leading measurement companies.
This role has the following main responsibilities:
- Providing overall leadership to the Environmental team;
- Developing and leading on the business strategy;
- Ultimate responsibility for the successful delivery of the strategy, including:
- Resourcing, managing and developing the team;
- Commercial management;
- Technical direction and development;
- Quality management;
- Providing a director-level interface with other parts of the business;
- Leading business development, including the approach to client account management, working with other parts of the business to develop the cross-selling strategy and identify opportunities, drafting proposals and working with the Directors to feed into the BD strategy;
- Overall responsibility for selecting suitable subcontractors and suppliers and ensuring high quality performance standards;
- Managing and providing mentoring to the team;
- Client and project team liaison, and;
- Responsible for ensuring health and safety is managed in line with company policies and procedures.
Our client is the dedicated environmental survey and consultancy division of one of the UK's leading measurement companies with over 200 employees. My client has delivered a broad range of environmental services across all project stages, from pre-acquisition, through planning to completion. They are expanding their Environmental services to build relationships with new and consisting clients/contractors.
- Appropriate degree in environmental sciences, environmental engineering or a related environmental discipline;
- 10 years + experience working as an environmental consultant or similar, with significant managerial experience;
- Commercial and people management experience;
- Excellent knowledge of environmental guidelines, policies, plans and legislative requirements;
- Excellent consultation and communication skills, ideally with experience of public consultation;
- Experience at managing sub-consultants and/or a range of environmental disciplines;
- Experience at developing and implementing H&S plans and risk assessment;
- Strong team leader - able to listen to requirements and work well with others;
- Attention to detail and a thorough approach to work, and;
- Knowledge of a particular environmental specialism would be advantageous but not essential.
If you would like to apply for this exciting opportunity then please call Zoe Payne on 01202 888 986 Ext 202 or email email@example.com