|Job Title:||Head of Fundraising and Communication|
|Location:||North East England,|
|Salary:||£36000.00 - £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Paul Gosling|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Our client is currently looking to recruit a committed and enthusiastic individual to manage their fundraising and communications work.
This is an exciting opportunity in a glorious part of the UK with the potential to make a real difference to the work of this organisation.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Relevant professional qualification(s)
- Substantial experience of securing large gifts from a range of sources, including trusts and foundations, corporate organisations, high net worth individuals, memberships and public appeals.
- Evidence of success in building and enhancing the reputation of an organisation with external bodies and the media.
- Experience of organising successful fundraising events.
- Experience in the establishment and operation of charities, including charitable trusts and foundations.
Skills and Knowledge
- Exceptional influencing and relationship-building skills with the ability to operate effectively within the corporate governance process, together with strong advocacy, negotiating and presentation skills that are persuasive and influential with others.
- Thorough understanding of relevant legislation, best practice and contemporary issues in relation to fundraising, including the current funding environment.
- Excellent organisational skills, including project and event management and financial planning.
- Financial and commercial awareness, with strong analytical skills and an excellent aptitude for developing innovative and enterprising solutions to complex problems.
- Proven IT skills, proficient user of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel and Powerpoint, (or similar) and social media.
Personal Attributes and Motivation
- An ability to think strategically with the ability to develop and implement plans, with solid examples of career achievement in the fundraising sector.
- An ability to lead, take the initiative and work independently.
- An ability to engage key stakeholders in projects at an early stage, securing their buy in and support.
- An outstanding ability to communicate in a variety of ways to a range of audiences, from the written word, digital communications to formal presentations and individual meetings. In particular, you must have excellent writing skills that combine the ability to persuade and inform whilst also being clear and jargon-free.
- Innovative and proactive, able to seize opportunities and develop imaginative proposals.
- A clear enthusiasm for fundraising,
- Ability to work a flexible working pattern which may include evenings, weekends and over-night stays away from home.
Please call Paul Gosling on 01202 888 986 ext 222 for further information and to discuss this position further.