We are seeking to appoint a Head of Health & Safety to be responsible for providing strategic and dynamic leadership for Health, Safety & Environment across all of the UK Sites delivering on our strategic goal of Zero Harm.
You will develop and implement Health, Safety & Environment best practice ensuring the company complies with all current EH&S legislation. Ensure all managements levels are equipped with the knowledge to control all hazards and risks, to prevent injury, ill health, damage to people and property.
Working pro-actively with directors and managers provide clear leadership that can establish and maintain a programme of continual improvement for Environment, Health & Safety within all areas of responsibility.
- Act as the UK health and safety point of contact for the division and group for all matters relating to Health, Safety and Environment. Ensuring that all reporting and standards are achieved/implemented in a timely manner.
- Through visible leadership champion Health, Safety & Environment in the workplace, taking full responsibility for driving a safety first culture within the group.
- Develop all aspects of the divisional Health & Safety policy and activity ensuring it is implemented across the group.
- Keep up to date with changes in current legislation and bring to the attention of the Safety Council any changes to Health and Safety legislation that has a direct impact on the business policy and procedure.
- To plan, develop and continually improve simple, clear divisional wide policies and procedures which ensure compliance with organisational objectives.
- Work with Site Management teams to devise, plan and implement actions to improve standards in accordance with existing policies and procedures
- To mobilise, support and coach the H&S team in all locations and coordinate their activities, promoting a consistent approach across the division.
- To work with the divisional H&S team to –
- Identify training requirements and risk assessments and support/propose effective training programs for all employees
- Promote an effective culture of risk management and control
- To review investigations into all accidents and near-miss incidents and ensure that all actions are completed within set timescales.
- To ensure adequate systems are in place to pro-actively monitor safety procedures, including managing internal/external safety audits
- To identify, promote and share best practices from within the Group and other external bodies and to be the main point of contact with external bodies such as HSE, EA, Insurers etc.
- To champion the Safety Exchange process, providing structure, support and analytics on a monthly basis
- Lead a Safety Council meeting on a bi-monthly frequency with Senior Managers ensuring that strategic objectives are progressed in a timely manner.
- Lead a UK H&S Advisors meeting on a monthly frequency detailing the priorities and activities for each of the functional areas.
- To ensure regional alignment to Group Standards and advisories are implemented within set timescales.
- Review all mandatory Serious Event alerts from Group Safety function and recommend actions for the UK that minimise risk.
We look forward to receiving your application