Are you a senior leader looking for a unique and challenging new opportunity?
Would you like to work with an industry leader with a global footprint?
Can you manage a team in addition to developing and implementing the EHS&S strategy?
Allen & York are pleased to be working with a global engineering giant. Hiring over 15,000 people in the UK the business operates in a number of different sectors that service a variety of clients.
One of the business units is responsible for the design and commissioning of rail systems across the UK. They work on many high-profile projects and have a great reputation and brand name.
Reporting into the Technology Director, the Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Sustainability will lead relevant programmes for the company. This will include the continuous improvement of the management system and supporting the roll out of a behavioural safety programme.
There are a team of Regional EHS Managers and Advisors who will be responsible for servicing the delivery regions. This team will support you in the further implementation and roll out of any projects.
- Lead, develop and motivate a high performing functional team of Health, Safety and Environment practitioners
- Provide expert leadership when working with clients and external regulatory bodies
- Supporting in developing and implementing the Safety Strategy and Safety Leadership programme across the business, this includes a behavioural safety programme
- Maintain, update and improve the EHS sections of the business management system
- Support and contribute to the wider corporate group function
- Work with senior leaders and function heads to implement the strategy you put in place
- Maintenance of the internal audit programme for the business
- Continuous development of both leading and lagging indicators to ensure they are fit for purpose
- Establish and allocate budget requirements
- Level 6 qualification in Health and Safety including Diploma or Degree
- Ability to lead change at all levels
- Experience working in a safety critical environment
There is a comprehensive package on offer which includes competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension.
If this is of interest, then please contact Jack Cornick on 01202 888986 or firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to hearing from you.