My client is a BIM Software provider. They are seeking to appoint a Head of Marketing to grow the marketing department.You will be managing a team of 4, this is made up of; Events Manager, Digital Marketing/Social Media Manager and a Content Writer/Consultant. They are looking to expand the team rapidly this year!
The role is office based, at the Reading office.
Company products and Services are used by over 20,000 different organisations world-wide. The business which was set up in the mid-90s was the first web-based Project Extranet (Collaborative Document and Workflow Management) platform to serve the AEC sector in the UK.
The company has benefitted from significant growth and success over the past few years and boasts a client list many would die for. Clients include Sainsbury's, Houses of Parliament, Thames Water, SSE, Primark, Highways England, JD Sports, Nationwide Building Society, Balfour Beatty, Costain and many others house-hold names.
The company continues to be the thought leaders in the industry and puts innovation right at the heart of its organisation.
Reporting directly to the company's Sales & Marketing Director, you will be leading and growing the current marketing team to the right size and shape to support the company's vision and ambition.
When successfully implemented, this role will transform the business allowing it to fulfill its full potential. It is for this reason that this position is considered high pressured and one of the most critical but also one of most rewarding in the business.
You will need to be able to get into the mindset of the customers, understand their pain and clearly articulate how the companies products and services will meet their needs. Previous experience of the AEC sector will no doubt help get you off to flying start but this is not essential. However, a proven track-record of understanding customers' problems and converting these into Value Propositions, is.
- You will plan, drive and manage the marketing strategy which will include a mix of Digital, Content, Direct and Campaign based marketing initiatives
- Set and manage the Annual marketing budget for external spend
- Recruit and manage an inside-sales team
- Set up, monitor and report on KPIs
- Product Marketing - Write (or at least outline) key value propositions for functions, features, services, applications and modules
- Field Marketing - plan and deliver effective lead generation activities (inbound and outbound campaigns)
- Organise user group and key advocate events
- Write case studies, submit papers for talks at key industry events
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are essential
- Ability to understand customer problems
- Logical and good at problem-solving
- Able to work in a high pressured, results driven organisation
- Conscientious and hard working
- The gravitas to be the credible external voice and face of the organisation
- An experienced team leader with a strong track record in influencing strategy and engaging a broad range of stakeholders.
- You will be forward thinking with an ability to spot market trends
- Have strong social media skills
- Be creative
- Able to confidentially speak to the Press and C-level executives
- Write persuasive materials
- Previous experience in growing and managing a successful marketing team
- Proven experience of developing effective marketing, communication and brand strategies
- A deep and broad understanding of various relevant technologies used within the AEC sector including, but not limited to Collaboration tools, BIM, ERP, Design Authoring, Business Intelligence and Mobile software solutions
- Experience of the AEC sector is essential, experience in BIM would be advantageous as would
- A good degree in a Marketing, Business or an Engineering based subject