Our client is a global provider of advisory services to the Renewable Energy sector.
They have recently engaged Allen & York, on an exclusive basis, to work on a senior assignment for the position of Head of Offshore Wind Projects.
This role will be responsible for leading an established team providing Owner's Engineering and Project Management services for the development of Offshore Wind farms within the UK and Ireland, as well as supporting offshore wind projects in other regions.
- Providing management and leadership to staff across multiple offices, including staff mentoring and development.
- Supporting the recruitment, training and performance management of experienced and junior staff.
- Preparation and presentation of high quality proposals for consultancy work in response to invitations from industry.
- Commercial and administrative responsibility for consultancy contracts.
- Sponsorship of projects, including approval of consultancy deliverables and ensuring that QA procedures are implemented.
- Client management and support to staff with responsibility for client contact.
- Business development through identification, development and deployment of services within the UK and Irish markets as well as cooperating with teams across Europe to serve the North Sea market.
- Developing long-term client relationships.
- Maintaining and raising the profile of the company within the sector through participation in industry working groups and delivery of presentations at high profile events.
- Sponsoring the ongoing development of company products and services in the marketplace.
- Promote standard services as well as provide bespoke solutions to meet client challenges within a changing industry.
- Working with others internally to drive a coordinated approach for the offshore market.
- Drawing upon and co-ordinating the resources from a pool of experts and engineers from the company, including teams in Oil and Gas and Maritime working in the European offshore renewables space.
- Supporting and working with regional teams in emerging markets such as in North America and Asia Pacific to develop these markets.
- Run projects with a focus on Quality & HSE (includes staff who work offshore on an ad-hoc basis).
- Ensure delivery of departmental revenue and profitability targets as part of the department Annual Operating Plan.
- Ensure staff are fully engaged and performing well.
- Effective internal and external customer engagement.
- Top class degree (at least 2:1 or equivalent) in a mechanical, civil, electrical or other relevant engineering subject.
- Established and strong client relationships in the Renewable Energy Industry, preferably within the Offshore Wind segment.
- Substantial experience of working with project developers and owners at various stages of project development.
- Understanding of the technical and commercial basis for projects.
- Good understanding of relevant capabilities internally.
- Strong business development skills.
- Experience of managing teams of consultants & engineers.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Strong Quality Assurance skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of preparing or co-ordinating the preparation of successful proposals for major consultancy engagements.
- Experience of building long-term client relationships and the communication skills required for this.
- Well-developed IT skills, including advanced use of MS Office applications.
- Experience of contributing to industry working groups and related networking activity.
- Experience of presenting at major industry events.
- Experience of offshore construction sites and the management of Health and Safety.