This position is responsible for leading an established site team and discipline within a growing practice. This kind of opportunity is rare in the region and will be appeal to the right candidate. The right candidate will have the opportunity to demonstrate their capability and enthusiasm in post, before the tangible opportunity of progression to partnership. Currently the equity partnership has no representative for the planning discipline but this is the aspiration in order that the partnership is reflective of our core services. Therefore, there maybe the opportunity to progress to equity partner status subject to determination and ability.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Highest level of competency in strategic planning consultancy advice.
- Appropriate qualification for the role through MRTPI status.
- Proven track record successful project delivery to a range of client types.
- Seven years and planning team experience (preferably private).
- Sound understanding of commercial management of projects and a target based practice.
- Developed skills in managing teams of planning consultancy staff.
- Track record of business development capability and results from BD strategies.
- Success in growing teams through targeted campaigns an expertise in nurturing key client relationships to mutual benefit.
- Capability in dealing with wider practice management issues beyond discipline management.
- As the core definition of their role the candidate is expected to develop the professional services of the planning team.
- Work on the development of the planning team business plan and it's monitoring and implementation against targets.
- Monitor and improve service quality over time as a whole, developing standard terms, report formats etc.
- Cross sell ALL services offered by the practice to new and existing clients.
- Attend Senior management team meetings or similar groups and play an active role in the actions and processes of that group including attendance at the bi-annual senior staff meeting
- Attend and contribute to management meetings in whatever form these take.
- Build a team as workload permits to expand the capabilities of the Practice in your field.
- Strive to meet and exceed fee targets and to become self- sufficient with regards to new instructions in the medium term.
- Work within the practice quality management processes i.e. IMS and ISO accreditation.
For further information please contact me directly.
We look forward to receiving your application.