|Job Title:||Head of Planning, Transport and Licensing|
|Salary:||£45 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Sarah Kerr|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
Head of Planning, Transport and Licensing
£45+ per hour
Excellent opportunity for an Area Town Planning Manager to work on a range of complex regeneration schemes in London on behalf of a highly successful Local Council.
We are looking for a Town Planner who can hit the ground running, dealing with planning applications and associated planning matters to enhance the area, and provide expert technical advice to all users of the Planning Service.
This is an opportunity to contribute to the local planning community, involved extensively with regeneration and conservation projects, providing sustainable solutions to local environmental and economic problems.
This opportunity is offered on an initial 3 month contract with the view to it being extended.
- To support an Operational Director in securing the continuous development, improvement, efficiency and success of the Department as a whole through effective leadership, budget management, strategic direction, planning, management and governance.
- To lead the development, business planning and delivery of a number of services to meet the current and future needs of users within available resources.
- Responsible for advising the Council on professional matters relating to Planning, transport and Licensing and act as the Council's principal advisor on planning, strategic transport and licensing, being the regular lead officer for the Planning Committee and licensing committees.
- Responsible for a portfolio of services which may be altered from time to time
- Work collegiately with colleagues on the Senior Management Team (SMT), and make a proactive contribution delivering departmental and corporate objectives.
- Lead and manage a portfolio of customer focused services in alignment with both corporate and departmental aims and priorities.
- Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute or RICS (Planning & Development)
- Significant senior experience of leading and managing planning and transport services and resources within an urban setting with diverse communities.
- Strong Leadership and management skills including people, performance and budget management
- Ability to plan, prepare and negotiate with stakeholders, partners and contractors to achieve the best results for the Council and for service delivery in both the short term and over longer timescales
- Focus strategically on long term plans and develop plans for the service to contribute to delivering the plans to a successful outcome
Interested? Get in touch!
We recruit across all Town Planning, Surveying, Architecture and Design markets both UK and Global. If this opportunity does not tick every box, I am confident our team is working on something that does - give us a call today to discuss all of your options.