We are looking to recruit a UK Head of Power Technologies international (PTI) to join our Energy Management, Digital Grid business unit for the GB&I region.
The main responsibility and impact for the successful candidate will be to grow and double the size of the business they manage by 2020.
You would have headcount responsibility for approximately 10 employees in the UK, including highly renowned and externally acknowledged experts in their fields in power system planning - this will rise to up to 20 FTE by 2020.
The business includes three distinct business types:
1. Power System Consulting business focusing on technical modelling, analysis and optimization of power systems.
2. Energy Business Advisory business focusing on overall business strategies, business models, organization and processes for utility and infrastructure companies.
3. Software Solutions business focusing on leading edge software solutions for the modelling and data management of power and infrastructure networks.
The successful candidate will have power system consulting experience, understand software consulting and software solutions - specifically for power infrastructure networks. They will also have previous P&L responsibility and line management experience.
This role will ideally be based in Manchester however geographical flexibility will be considered.
What are my responsibilities?
- Profit and Loss responsibility and economic success for the Business Segment Power Technologies International to meet the agreed targets.
- Profit and Loss responsibility and economic success for the Energy Business Advisory practice to meet the agreed targets.
- Target KPIs including order intake, revenue, gross margin, gross profit and resources.
- The business includes three distinct business types:
1. Power System Consulting business focusing on technical modelling, analysis and optimization of power systems by worldwide leading and renowned experts in their fields of expertise (incl. several professors).
2. Energy Business Advisory business focusing on overall business strategies, business models, organization and processes for utility and infrastructure companies, as well as electricity and gas market advisory, risk management and transaction advisory for utilities and large industrial customers, delivered by renowned experts.
3. Software Solutions business focusing on leading edge software solutions for the modelling and data management of power and infrastructure networks, for the analysis, simulation and optimization of power and infrastructure networks, as well as for power network operation with respect to dynamic and protection security assessment.
- Leadership and guidance for the Energy Business Advisory practice with full responsibility for the assigned team and for customer relations, sales and portfolio development in close alignment with global practice management
- Due to strategic importance of early consultative involvement with customers before they take investment decisions the consulting business holds a key position within the Energy Management Division to drive sales for the complete division
- In alignment with Business Segment Management, full responsibility for business management and project delivery as well as key areas in business planning, people development and recruiting strategy, and sales strategy.
- Business responsibility includes establishing strong links and sales partnerships with neighbouring Business Units, Divisions and external partners in UK. Key projects can include direct discussions with high government officials.
- Responsibility for business relations management with customers and internal partners in UK.
- Responsibility for market and competitor analysis including portfolio definition, scope of business and identification of market potential in UK.
- In alignment with Business Segment Management, full responsibility for personnel management in UK (resource management) including quality management, EHS and the implementation of the Siemens guidelines. Realization of competency management.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Deep understanding of technical and economic correlations, phenomena and performance in power systems
- Extensive proven professional experience in consulting, ideally in a Project Manager / Partner level role
- Capability to represent Siemens at a high level (customers, government, external partners)
- Experience and motivation for marketing and sales of advanced consulting offerings, especially on Energy Business Advisory
- Network on management levels inside Siemens (Division/BU CEO levels in UK)
- Be systematic, well-structured and goal oriented
- Be business results oriented
- Have the highest dedication to the job, and be energized by challenges
- Able to set stretching goals for self and team
- Takes decisions and responsibility
- Well recognized and respected partner with peers