|Job Title:||Head of Projects - Onshore Wind|
|Contact Name:||Sally Woods|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
As part of our Clients continued growth and evolution, a position has arisen for a senior development manager to look after a newly established Glasgow office. The office currently has a team of people working on onshore wind projects in Scotland.
Our Client was founded in 1999 and is a subsidiary of the europeon based group.
UK projects are developed by their teams based in England and Scotland.
Their strategy is to develop medium sized onshore wind and solar projects throughout the UK from a well-established operating portfolio of over 100 wind farms in Europe.
As a complete service company they manage their projects from the initial site selection through planning, finance, construction to operation and management. Their knowledge and international experience gives them a unique perspective on project feasibility and economic viability.
Reporting directly to the UK Director based in the North west office, the right individual will be responsible for project management of the development and planning process. An understanding of bringing projects from concept through the planning and project programming process is important.
- Project management of the development and planning process (including planning appeals)
- Knowledge of the wind farm industry, ideally working as a wind farm developer
- Involvement in landowner and third party agreements
- Engaging and managing outsourced resources including EIA consultancies
- Maintaining all key relationships with third party stakeholders and organisations, particularly local authorities,
- To a lesser extent working with some project financing and development budgeting
- A 'hands on role' with direct management responsibility.
- This is a broad project management role, and the right individual will come from a background in which they have performed a pivotal role in managing difficult externally facing relationships in contentious public domain projects and public engagements.
- The right candidate will also have prior experience of project management 5yrs+ of the planning process, and will have had experience of the following:
- Project management of the planning of a range of structures, particularly high profile contested developments
- Legal agreements and commercial negotiations
- Working with multiple stakeholders and outsourced partners and the public.
- Travel to Germany will be required infrequently, but no German language skills are needed. Some travel in the UK will also be required.
They offers a competitive package including car allowance, personal private health insurance scheme and an attractive bonus scheme (15%).