Head of Purchasing & Trading Department .
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing and mentoring the rest of the team under his/her own direct responsibility. Training and supervising the work of other members of staff.
- Establishing and maintaining measurable performance metrics for all levels of procurement activities to include but not limited to supplier performance, supplier quality, internal order placement performance, buyer activity levels, financial (AP) performance, and material shortage elimination.
- Ensure performance improvement and recovery plans are developed, issued, tracked and reported on as required for supply base management and improvement.
- Negotiate and execute purchase orders or vendor contracts as needed to support the critical business needs.
- Lead a global enterprise organization within the scope of the strategic sourcing process to drive cost out of the supply chain by managing the following: Commodity and negotiation strategies including.
- Drives usage of cost models to validate commodity strategies and to understand significant cost drivers.
- Manages all activities that develop relationships with suppliers.
- Preparing of weekly & monthly report on the basis of the monthly purchases.
- Responsible for solving problems in regards to payments, documentations and waivers in payments.
- Develops an overall vendor base which creates and sustains a competitive advantage, utilizing global market exploitation, leveraging spend, and leveraging of technologies.
- processing payments and invoices;
- 10 years progressive experience in Purchasing & Trading with extensive experience in the Power Plants industry in M.E. region.
- Experienced with sourcing suppliers for purchased goods, preparation and negotiation sale contracts/agreements, pricing agreements, negotiation on payments terms, applying for different types of bank guarantees as APG,BPG and handling job for different type of L/C and further related actions. THIS IS A MUST.
- Experienced procurement professional skilled in management equipment for power plants, water and waste project.
- Good understanding of equipment related to Power Plants from technical point of view. Would be an advantage.
- Solid track record meeting substantial material cost reduction targets
- Bachelor's degree in Purchasing, Production/Operations Management, or Engineering or equivalent business experience.
- NAPM (A.P.P. C.P.M.) or APICS (CPIM, CIRM) certification preferred
- Strong computer skills, ideally with experience using Windows-based PC programs.
- Ability to coordinate multiple group efforts within the company to achieve objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, with awareness of deadlines.
- Ability to identify processes needing improvement, and to recommend improvements.