Head of Rail Engineering - location is UK flex
Our client is a very well-known Global Consultancy and they are looking for an individual to Lead and further develop their Rail Engineering service across the UK. The main aim of this role is to further develop upon the Rail Engineering service across the UK and grow a team of highly qualified engineers to help shape and deliver projects to clients.
As the successful individual, you will be working to secure networks and partnership projects within the rail engineering sector and leading the development and growth of this service line across our clients European Business as well as working closely with other Senior Executive Directors globally.
You will be expected to seek opportunities to network across clients, contractors and consultancies to develop collaborative partnerships and commercial opportunities.
- To develop and take responsibility for a 5+ year strategy to grow the Rail Engineering service - increasing turnover year on year focussed primarily through organic means.
- Driven by success and able to demonstrate a history of delivering large scale projects.
- Commercially minded, able to spot opportunities and generate revenue for the division.
- Confident communicator, good networking skills with the ability to establish new relationships and develop existing ones, whether internal or external.
- Capable of setting up efficient systems, processes, controls that will provide a solid foundation for the division to grow, expand and take on high-profile, valuable projects.
As the successful candidate, it is essential that you have had experience of delivering Rail Engineering projects within the UK and overseas, working with NWR, Crossrail, HS2 etc; are an experienced business winner and have the capability to build a 'railway engineering brand' within the UK consultancy market. You will also have a good understanding of the UK Rail Engineering market and have worked extensively within a multi-disciplinary or engineering consultancy; ideally coming from a Civil Engineering background.
As well as the expected competitive package (well into the 6 figure bracket), you will be provided with a massive challenge and be working at a Senior level within a known and successful Engineering & Project Management Consultancy. Our Clients head office is London, however, we can be flexible on location for the right individual.
Our client is already a strong market force and are firmly committed to investing and significantly growing their Infrastructure division.
For further information, or a confidential discussion about the role and your potential application, please call Lisa Newman