Allen & York have been approached by a large, non-profit Rail sector specialist, who are in search of a new Head of Assurance.
This role, based in London, will be responsible for product delivery and the overseeing of the company's range of services for the railway industry including health, safety and quality assurance.
To ensure the success of an application, candidates must be prepared to demonstrate an exceptional track-record of business development activities.
- Oversee operational management and continuous improvement of existing assurance schemes (RISAS, RISQS) through:
- Efficient running of governance groups.
- Promote industry efficiency and effectiveness opportunities through greater correct use of the scheme.
- Provide industry information through concise, timely and effective analysis of scheme data.
- Business development.
- Leading and line management responsibility of a team including bringing together and motivating a newly formed team
- Financial management including of a budget, scheme revenue and annual direct running costs.
You will bring
- Commercial, Project and Risk Management or Quality and Safety Management experience at a senior level, ideally in a regulated commercial environment (e.g. rail, mass transportation, aviation, airline, infrastructure, engineering marine, oil & gas).
- Qualifications might typically include a Quality Diploma, Lead Auditor, NEBOSH general certificate, and IEMA certificate in environmental management and/ or
- Membership of a suitable professional body or bodies, such as MCQI.
- A solid background in Systems Engineering, Engineering Safety Management and System Safety engineering
- Demonstrable experience of implementing best practice initiatives and an ability to develop and deliver effective assurance programmes
- Extensive experience of leading, motivating and managing a team and of working in a matrix environment
- Experience of managing budgets and large revenue streams
- Experience of income generation or a form of business development activity (desirable)
On offer is an excellent salary/package that will include a wide-ranging benefit scheme.
Please email Rayner Mason on email@example.com for more information.