Head of Regional Development (South)
An exciting new opportunity has come up for our client who is one of the most established Waste Resource Management Companies within the UK and has the obtainable vision to become the Waste Management company of choice, with the aim to change for a sustainable future.
They firmly believe that their employees are the driving force behind their business success and are looking to expand the range and depth of their team, by recruiting a highly efficient, business focused individual for the Head of Regional Development role.
Responsibilities & Scope of Role:
* The applicant will be responsible for the development and delivery of the Regional Development Strategy.
* Report to the Regional Director and attend monthly regional management team meetings.
* Coordinate the development, negotiation, agreement and implementation of new services (New Clients) including but not exclusively for the municipal collection, treatment and recycling contracts.
* Liaise and Corporate closely with other Head's of Development and other team members.
* Establish an industry network of interested groups and liaisons to ensure that the RMT is best placed at all times to maximize its opportunities to develop new business.
Qualifications & Experience:
* Degree or similar qualification with experience of operating in a senior management role with a established record in a profit centre of at least £50m turnover.
* Career should include at least five years in an institution with a professional and disciplined approach to business/project development.
* Considerable and fully evidenced experience in the successful delivery of business/project development programmes, to time, budget and specification; preferably in the waste industry.
* Commercially aware with strong profit orientation. Numerate and financially astute with a commitment and determination to meet personal objectives; a strong drive and resilience.
* A highly credible influencer, with strong interpersonal skills capable of developing and motivating a widespread and multi-disciplined group of stakeholders.
* Excellent business acumen and highly developed commercial negotiation skills.
* Good people development skills and leadership qualities; able to coach and inspire people to broaden their outlook and raise their expectations.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Charles Cocklin at Allen & York Ltd on 01202 888986.