|Job Title:||Head of Section - Offshore Renewables Installation & Logistics|
|Location:||South West England,|
|Contact Name:||Tom Wolsey|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Our client delivers world-renowned advisory and testing services in the Renewable Energy industry.
Their expertise spans onshore and offshore wind, solar, and marine power..
Their advisory division has an immediate vacancy for a Head of Section Installation and Logistics to take on the leadership of this existing section.
The Section has expertise in offshore renewable installation and logistics, decommissioning, vessel application, ports and fabrication. Staff advise and run projects for utilities, usually in the early development phases, but also support construction and operational sites, as well as advising government, NGO and supplier companies. The team works closely with O&G, Maritime and Wave & Tidal colleagues.
- Representing company to Clients in the expertise area of the Section, working with other technical specialisms to represent the complete wind farm engineering support service offering.
- Commercial, technical and administrative responsibility for proposals and consultancy contracts allocated to them.
- Contracts could include, for example, Owner's Engineer, Due Diligence Support, contract negotiations, strategic advice, offshore works management, troubleshooting.
- Providing management and leadership to the team. Growth and performance objectives to be set annually.
- Close co-ordination, co-operation and, where appropriate, technical mentoring of colleagues, and drawing upon and co-ordinating the resources from a pool of experts and engineers from the Offshore Wind Department.
- Business development through development and marketing of current services, and identification and deployment of new services and markets as required, client pipeline development with a 'doer-seller' approach.
- Recruitment and training of experienced and junior staff in order to meet the increasing demand for services. Ensuring HSE of all staff.
- Advising clients on best practice / methodology.
- Preparing technical reports, specifications and contracts. Review and comment on technical reports, specifications and contracts prepared by others.
- Undertaking short term offshore working when required (if trained & competent).
- Maintain good client relationships. Act as Key Account representative where nominated.
- Build strong relationships across the company.
- Seeking speaking opportunities at conferences, and promote knowledge sharing.
- Seeking R&D opportunities, secure funding (internal or external), and manage projects.
- Exercising flexible approach to secondment of staff between departments including onto project teams for major offshore projects.
- Strong degree in a relevant engineering subject.
- Excellent engineering and analytical capabilities.
- Experience of preparing or co-ordinating the preparation of successful proposals for major consultancy engagements.
- Possess excellent project management, communication and problem solving skills and experience.
- Proven ability to drive for result and manage performance.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Strong Quality Assurance skills with attention to detail, and knowledge of offshore HSE requirements.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure, and prioritise work, for self and team.
- Willingness to travel and work offshore as necessary.
- Well-developed IT skills, including advanced use of MS Office applications.
- Evidence of ability to seek out market opportunities, and business growth to serve clients in identified areas.
- A good appreciation of the drivers of project economics including an understanding of how engineering optimisation may be applied in order to increase returns.
- Chartered Engineer Status (CEng or equivalent).
- Experience of building long-term client relationships.
- Experience of contributing to industry working groups and related networking activity.
- Experience of presenting at major industry events.
- An appreciation of the history, status and future prospects for the offshore wind sector and in particular project development processes and supply chain issues.