|Job Title:||Head of Shipping & Logistics|
|Location:||Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi|
|Contact Name:||Ghadir Shaar|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
Our client is one of the region's largest steel plants. For a decade they have been at the forefront of the steel production and supply sector and they pride themselves on their employee recognition policies and their strict adherence to recognised safety and quality standards.
Due to ongoing demand for high quality steel products in the region and the expansion of their business into new and exciting areas they are now looking to recruit a Head of Shipping&Logistics
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Key Accountabilities)
- To support the VP Procurement & Logistics in all shipping related area to ensure timely & proper delivery of products
- Monitor employee performance through establishing Key Performance Indicators, targets, deliverables and Company wide performance management system.
- Assist with manpower needs to supplement the receiving and production department requirements fpr Company wide productivity.
- Monitor current and projected work loads to determine when additional help may be needed to meet deadlines by Procurement and Logistics Department.
Budgeting & Cost Control:
- Responsible for preparing and proposing accurate annual budgets for shipping & seek management approval to implement the shipping plan effectively
Procurement and Logistic Management:
- Develop long term relationship with air cargo, road transport, cargo barges, freight forwarding service providers to ensure competitiveness in the shipping operations.
- Assign employees to pick, package, and ship products and materials from Procurement and Logistics Section
- Reconcile daily shipping data and complete reports for VP Procurement.
- Monitor shipments to ensure that specific requirements are met for efficiencies in Procurement and Logistics Section.
- Work with the carriers to ensure that we are utilizing the best service in terms of dependability and economizing options for Shipping and Logistics.
- Recommend, implement, and support continuous improvement within the department and the company to improve employee performance, quality control, productivity, efficiency, and cost reduction
- Establish and periodically review departmental Standard Operating Procedures as related to Shipping and Logistics section
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work
- processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
Safety, Quality & Environment:
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, quality, health and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the shipping section to guarantee employee safety, legislative
- Bachelor degree in Engineering with commercial knowledge.
- Shipping and logistics diploma (not Essential)
- 7- 10 years in logistics shipping experience in steel industry
- 5 years in Logistics/shipping and procurement in manufacturing company. 2+years in a supervision position
We look forward to receiving your application
For more information please contact Ghadir Shaar on +971 4 446 9828
ALLEN & YORK is a leading sustainability recruitment consultancy across the Middle East.