|Job Title:||Head of Trade - Waste|
|Salary:||Car + Package|
|Contact Name:||Charles Cocklin|
|Job Published:||29 days ago|
Head of Trade - Waste
Opportunity to join a leading UK waste management company. You will manage the Trade department; delivering sustainable profit growth, through innovation and strong, focused management. The role involves the management and development of all staff, resources and processes, as well as ensuring exemplary health and safety standards, and excellent customer service across the department.
Responsibilities & Scope of the Role
- Health & Safety Compliance - ensure you are the safety champion, maintaining a strong focus on health and safety throughout your team.
- Business Efficiency - Achieve budgeted performance for the Trade department, increase profit growth and help mitigate negative impact on profit.
- Optimise operations to achieve sustainable and continuous profit growth.
- Identify, implement and continuously review new strategic technologies and opportunities to improve operations.
- Deliver seamless operations between two regional offices (based within 30 miles of each other).
- Ensure the optimisation of all vehicles, drives and routes - through the use of strategic telemetric data.
- Maximise the value of all materials collected.
- Lead, manage and mentor the team, instilling a culture of success and performance excellence.
- Ensure first class customer service at all times.
- Create time to research, develop and innovate, by embracing new technology, processes and products.
Skills & Qualifications
- A record of providing genuine and visible health and safety leadership and culture change programmes.
- A proven track record of commercial success.
- Results orientated, with desire and tenacity to optimise performance.
- A proven leader with excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills to influence and drive change, through team, procurement and supply chain.
- Excellent organisational and delegation skills.
- Customer relationship management skills, with experience dealing with customers.
- High level of numeracy and literacy.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) with ability to communicate at all levels.
- Strong IT skills including use of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Flexible approach to working.
- Self-motivated and resourceful.
- In-depth product and industry knowledge (desirable but not essential)
For more information about the role and a confidential discussion, please contact Charles Cocklin 01202 888 986.
We look forward to receiving your application.