Head of Procurement - Waste & EfW
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head of Procurement to join our client, a waste management and recycling infrastructure, specialising in sustainable waste management. The successful candidate's overall responsibilities will be to draft, evaluate, negotiate and execute new and existing supplier contracts.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Ensure the company purchasing activity adheres to all applicable legislation.
· Make sure the procurement function operates in accordance with the Purchasing Policy and Corporate Standing Orders.
· Ensure that Stores services the needs of the business within optimum timescales and costs.
· Review and manage stock holding and purchasing criteria.
· Monitor and manage stock accuracy.
· Monitor and manage stock obsolescence and degradation.
· Establish and maintain data capture systems that capture market and supplier information.
· Monitor market trends to inform and support future development plans.
· Ensure our client is represented on relevant industry and standards bodies.
· Represent the department on bespoke projects.
· Prepare and present periodic reports, reviews, performance against plan and variance analysis.
· Prepare employee development plans and assist with recruitment and personnel matters when required.
Qualifications and Experience
· Broad management experience of procurement and strategic stock management and, ideally, some relevant industry experience e.g. Energy-from-Waste, Transfer Stations, MRFs or recycling.
· Strong analytical, negotiating and financial skills.
· Demonstrable ability to lead in a participative manner and work as part of a management team.
· Experience of working with model contract suites (e.g. NEC, JCT) an advantage.
· Degree qualified with a specialist qualification in Purchase and Supply.
· Member of Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply preferable.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Charles Cocklin at Allen & York Ltd on 01202 888986.