|Job Title:||Health & Safety Advisor|
|Location:||UK - England - South East England, London|
|Job Published:||10 months ago|
Health & Safety Advisor
We are excited to be working with one of the UK's leading institutions who are based in London. They are an innovative and forward thinking organisation who are very proud of their heritage. They are looking for a Health & Safety Advisor
About this position
We’re looking for an experienced and qualified H&S professional to promote a positive H&S culture. You will be an advocate of best practice in H&S across all activities, both in relation to staff, contractors and the safety of our visitors.
You will lead on the continued ISO 18001 accreditation across the 2 main sites, maintaining risk assessments, carrying out audits and inspections, issuing permits, conducting investigations, monitoring and maintain records for accidents, incidents and near misses.
You will lead on the H&S staff committee which meets quarterly, using this meeting as an opportunity to engage colleagues and improve their knowledge of H&S best practice.
You will need to have at least 5 years’ experience advising H&S best practice in a complex environment. You will also have a NEBOSH diploma and be committed to professional development.
We are looking for someone to be an advocate for H&S across our multiple sites and someone who can communicate this to all of our staff members. We are looking for someone who is collaborative and flexible, who looks to find working solutions to often challenging situations.
Ensure compliance with relevant health, safety and environmental legislation and sustain best practice throughout the campus.
- Promote a positive Health and Safety Culture within the Royal Academy through presentations, meetings and internal communications.
- Accountable for compliance with all current HSE legislation, including fire safety regulations. Ensure continued ISO 18001 accreditation
- Keep up to date all HSE policies and procedures, advising the RA of legal updates and changes to legislation.
- Enforce safety management on site, working with appointed contractors (for the duration of the building project, due to complete December 2017), review their H&S systems and ensure they are meeting their commitments.
- Carry out audits and inspections of site and implement action plans when needed
- Maintain risk assessments for all areas of the Academy
- Ensure all areas of the Academy adhere to RA Health and Safety policy and procedures (including RA Schools, office areas (work force of 300+ staff), exhibition activities, RA Shop, Events etc.
- Manage the RA’s Permit to Work system, and authorise permits where appropriate.
- Work with Exhibition curators, Managers and Art handling teams in planning stages of exhibitions, from implementation to de-installation, ensuring compliance to RA policies and procedures.
- Organise and manage quarterly staff H&S meeting
- Train staff members on best practice in relation to risk assessment, DSE online training
- Coordinate regular training for staff, to include First Aid, Fire Safety, HSE Training for Managers, IOSH training etc.
- Provide comprehensive staff inductions to all new members of staff
- Ensure that incidents and accidents are investigated and maintain records producing monthly statistics on accidents, incidents and near misses
- Contribute to H&S budget planning for 5 year period, to include plan for improvements, training etc
- Comply with all relevant H&S policies, procedures and regulations and take appropriate and reasonable care for the safety of colleagues and visitors to the Academy.
- Undertake any other duty which may reasonably be allocated by the FM or other senior staff
- At least 5 years’ experience of HSE management within a complex site
- NEBOSH diploma
- Health & Safety Advisor role
- Great central location
- Reputable Institution going through an exciting period