Allen & York have been engaged by a registered charity who are seeking to appoint a part-time health & safety advisor to join their team. The role offers great flexibility with working hours and variety working across a wide range of on-site facilities and housing.
The Trust employs an external partner who makes recommendations around H&S matters and our Health and Safety Advisor will complement this by supporting Heads of Service and Departmental Manager's to implement any recommendations.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Complete and advise others of risk assessments and consider how risks could be reduced
- Outline safe operational procedures which identify and take account all relevant hazards
- Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being implemented properly
- Ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation
- Prepare health and safety strategies and develop internal strategies
- Lead in-house training with managers, the Learning & Development Co-ordinator and employees about health and safety issues and risks
- Being the lead internal agent for the external H&S Auditors, managing the contract and where appropriate, challenging the findings on audits with knowledge and conviction ensuring that any actions recommended are reasonable and practicable
- Keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements
- Record accidents and incidents and produce statistics for managers
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all health and safety executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the industry applicable to the Trust
- Produce management reports, newsletters and bulletins
- Ensure equipment is installed and used safely
- Manage and organise the safe disposal of hazardous substances
- Manage and organise the Business Continuity Process and Management Plan to ensure the Trust is prepared for adverse incidents
- Advise on a range of specialist areas e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, occupational diseases
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 5yrs experience within a health & safety role preferably in a people-centred sector
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills to explain health and safety processes to a range of people and to give presentations to groups
- Training experience
If you enjoy have a passion for behaviour change and communicating with a variety of people where you can really make an impact then this is the role for you. If interested, please contact Jen by Thur 6th Apr on 01202 888986 ext 219 or apply directly.