Allen & York are delighted to have been engaged by a Global consultancy who are seeking to appoint a Health and Safety Director. The role will report into the President with a dotted line into the Global Health and Safety Director.
This role is critical to the continued success of the Global Health and Safety teams across the business. The expectation is that you will pro-actively drive a programme of change to develop a positive culture within each of the regional business units.
You will oversee the safety working practice of around 600 people across some established and developing nations.
This role represents a real challenge to make changes within a business who are committed to making improvements in this area.
- Develop and implement a strong safety culture across the regional business units
- Liaise with key stakeholders and senior management across the business to understand limitations in each area
- Work closely with the Health & Safety Coordinators to provide support and advice
- Take the lead on incident reporting on a global basis
- Serve as a focal point for global safety alerts
- Design and implement a global auditing programme
- Promote a shift from lagging to leading indicators
- Support in proposal or other project needs
- Be a strong advocate in ensuring Health & Safety management is an integral part of our decision-making process
- Work with Global Health & Safety Director to roll out developmental programmes
- Support the risk mitigation teams to ensure safe travel for global staff
- Relevant H&S qualifications preferably Diploma or BSc qualified
- Any examples of experience of shifting culture within a business
- A strong communicator who can engage at all levels
- Knowledge of the applicable safety regulations in the countries in our Region.
If this role looks of interest then please apply or give me a call on 01202 888986. This role can be based across a number of regional sites across the UK.