Our client a leading transport engineering organisation is seeking a Health and Safety manager for their London offices.
You role will be to improve the safety of operations in relation to HSE on work sites, in particular to works on an operated transport systems and develop the existing Safety Management System for Operations to improve group level rules and their application by line management with regards to :
- HSE rules on construction work sites
- Works in proximity of a running transport system
- Works on an operated transport system.
- Works under temporary operations for works trains or testing trains
You will facilitate and monitor the application of the group level rules in all of their operations under the supervision of the Head of Operations Safety Management and with the help of the 9 Regional Operations Directors.
You main tasks will be to;
- Propose improvement of the Safety Management System in your specific area
- Facilitate its appropriation by the Regions
- Monitor its application (Indicators, audits, inspections)
- Constantly monitor and identify particularly risky projects in this area
- Help grow the lessons-learned process
- Help create training
- To travel worldwide to various operations for short periods (approximately 10 to 12 times per year)
As the ideal candidate you will have;
8-10 years’ experience in the field of safety on an operated railway or mass transit environment
Extensive experience of SMS in the field of Transport or HSE
Extensive experience in safety training of staff
Hold a bachelors’ degree or similar qualification.
To apply for this position Kindly email email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your application.