We are looking for a Health, Safety and Environment manager to join the team in a unique role which offers genuine variation. Not only would you be responsible for the delivery of H&S for the organisation whilst sitting on the senior management team. You will also be developing and delivering short courses to a high standard. You will need to be energetic with the ability to engage and interact with the students.
Reporting into the CEO, you will be the advocate for Health and Safety in the organisation. You will be providing excellent HSE advice to the board and the other senior managers. With a single site you will be responsible for managing estate matters covering Statutory Testing, maintenance and repair of site facilities and Fire Precautions; planning and managing H&S training and liaising with the Health and Safety Executive. Your team will include the HSE Advisor and the Building Support Officers for whom you will have management responsibility.
Working to meet the demands of our current and prospective clients, you will select and develop health and safety related commercial short courses and ensure they are delivered by qualified and competent instructors. This will include managing the delivery and accreditation process of the Safety Passport Scheme (ECITB) and delivering commercial first aid courses.
- Experience of training provision in a commercial environment
- Management experience and delivery of Health & Safety
- Working experience within the engineering, automotive or manufacturing sector
- CIEH registered trainer
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- A unique and challenging role
- The opportunity to sit on the senior manager board
- The variation of consultancy, in house and training responsibilites